News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The new 2006 Dodge Charger Super Bee?

Started by Mo Power, January 10, 2006, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Power

I heard that they are taking the Super Bee nameplate and reviving it on the new 06 Charger SRT8 whats up with that ???
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

'CUDA360

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Big Lebowski

Who wants a 4 door Coronet Charger Super Bee R/T Daytona HEMI with a front grille like a bottom feeding sucker fish with a hook in its mouth. Not me thanks anyway.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

they should just leave american muscle alone and invest in R & D of their neons and other regular cars that they do an o.k. job
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 11, 2006, 01:08:40 AM
they should just leave american muscle alone and invest in R & D of their neons and other regular cars that they do an o.k. job

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Johnny SixPack

Man, it's gonna be a looooooooooong winter.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

ChargerBill

Quote from: Ghost on January 11, 2006, 01:29:13 AM
Quote from: Silver R/T on January 11, 2006, 01:08:40 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: I just about pi$$ed mt pants!!!! I STILL can't stop laughing. This is definitely a classic moment in DC.com hstory...
Life is a highway...

69_500

Well, to me if it was called a Coronet R/T once again it would make sense. But to call it a SuperBee that doesn't make sense at all. First of all the SuperBee like the RR was always a base model, so it should be cheaper, than say the Charger SRT8, but it should be available in a stripped down model with the SRT8 engine, but cheaper. So instead of it also being $38K they should find a way to stuff the SRT8 motor in a base model, with no frills, and offer it for say $28-30K range.

hemihead

The Creeder and now The Super Creeder! But DCX doesn't want anything to do with it's former heritage unless they can make some sales off a name from the blind Babyboomers who buy into it.Don't forget if it is a numbered limited edition they think they will sell faster.They should have come up with a new name all together.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ghoste

Or continued on with the name of what it is... Intrepid.

is_it_EVER_done?

QuoteWho wants a 4 door Coronet Charger Super Bee R/T Daytona HEMI with a front grille like a bottom feeding sucker fish with a hook in its mouth. Not me thanks anyway.

DARN! I've been hopping that they would tack on a few more names so they could reach the magical number of badges that will miraculously make the car un-ugly, and not look like a Checker cab with Viper headlights grafted on. I guess they need a couple more names though, since I'm still "not feeling it".

Now if they would just add - TNT SUPER COMMANDO FIRE DOME MAX WEDGE - to it, I am certain that I would not be able to contain myself, and would rush out to buy one NOW!

Seriously, it looks like Creed is desperately trying to save his ass through the "new coke" method of marketing. Personally, I would not even consider buying ANYTHING from DCX as long as he is still there. His arrogant attacks on us enthusiasts for thinking that the "NEW Charger" is undesirable. His speeches about how retro is dead, and treating us "Dinosaurs" as pure scum instead of car buyers, is guaranteed to keep me away.

It will take MUCH more than a few old names tacked on to the Creedmobile, or a duplicate of a 70 Challenger (he still doesn't realize that retro is not duplication) to get me to ever buy ANYTHING from Chrysler until he is gone.

Orange_Crush

I like the Charger, but putting bumblebee stickers and blackouts on a 40,000.00 car is...well...kinda dumb.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

TheGhost

Quote from: Ghoste on January 11, 2006, 06:45:17 PM
Or continued on with the name of what it is... Intrepid.

No.  It's the same target as the Intrepid, but a completely different car.  Coronet would have been a damn good name, that could have been used on both the Charger and Magnum.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ghoste

Same target, same car.  Yes, it's rwd, different platform, different drivetrain etc.  But same niche in the lineup.  The 66 and 71 Charger are pretty far removed from one another (admittedly less so than Intrepid and LX) but both are still very much Charger.

Andrew

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 11, 2006, 08:44:33 PM
I like the Charger, but putting bumblebee stickers and blackouts on a 40,000.00 car is...well...kinda dumb.
They did it to a truck.
They put all the names on trckks first.

Ram daytona.
Ram Rumble bee (w/ scat pack bee decals)

All I can say is thank god Plymouth is dead, otherwise then we would probibly have an ugly 4-door gtx.

I wonder If ghost would get pissed off if the charger (or new challenger) came with a barracuda appearance package?