News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger SE front buckets

Started by johnnycharger, June 17, 2011, 02:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Hi guys
I am trying to find out if the 70 charger SE buckets are the same as a 70 charger RT SE. My brown seats are beat up and I was offered a good deal on a blk RT SE seat. Unfortunately he can't get me a picture; plus I would need to paint it.

Rolling_Thunder

the only difference could be the covers (leather option on SE and vinyl standard) - but the seat frames themselves are the same 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

johnnycharger

Hi
thanks for the info on the frames. My seats had the leather option too, but I don't know if the stitching pattern would be the same on the RT.  :shruggy:

johnnycharger

Update:
the stitching is the same. Now I am the proud owner of a black RT seat that is original and in frigging great shape. Just needs the back stop. Now the question is, what the hell am I going to do with it? It even has the paper tag with the information on the bottom. I wouldn't feel right dying it brown to match mine.

BIGBLCK11

It is a tough call, but I would hang onto it until you figure out what you are doing for seats.  Unless, you would use the funds towards buying covers and foam for yours, depending on how beat up and what they need?  It can be pricey just to find a set that needs to be totally redone, although sounds like you already have that or better.  Is this the passenger seat, I am guessing?  Usually, the driver seat gets most of the wear, so it could be tough to find someone selling just a really clean driver seat to match it, but you never know.  You could post it in the parts for sale section and see what turns up, if you don't get pm's just from this post, as it sounds very nice.  You may change your mind, just due to the price of parts to fix yours up.  The seat backs are reproduced for $375, but I didn't see tan listed.  I am not positive any foam available is 70 correct.  I have seen some listed for B/E but doesn't look exact for a Charger.  Someone who has replaced their foam can probably tell you better on that. 

johnnycharger

Hi
thank you for the info. Yes it is a passenger seat. I just posted pics in the for sale section. I would like to sell it to put the money towards re doing mine, as mine are the originals an really, just need recovering. I would imagine this seat to be worth a good bit as it is original. I think finding my seats in tan will be difficult also.

BananaDan

Go with Legendary, I used them for my seats.  They make the best covers, and also offer the bottom foams for the buckets, and the plastic seat back covers for $220.  They also have an incredible color selection.  They're not the cheapest out there, but they're worth the money to wait and save for.

https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

johnnycharger

Hi Dan
thanks for the tip. I just ordered a catalog from them and will be digging through it soon.  :2thumbs: