News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old cars in the wild

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 15, 2011, 04:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Yesterday in Harper County, Kansas. Not sure how well this Firebird survived the tornado but it's definitely in the wild.

TruckDriver

Got this on the way home from work tonight. A 1970 Javelin SST 390 4spd car.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1969chargerrtse

Remeber these ugly things?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Fred

no................and I wish you hadn't reminded me!  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Fred on May 27, 2012, 09:42:55 PM
no................and I wish you hadn't reminded me!  :lol:
Yeah one the fiberglass kit cars way back in the day.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

rustafarian

THere's a regular at the Elmhurst IL car shows that rotates 3 cars to bring to the shows: 2 Shelby Mustangs and ...... a Bradley GT.  By the looks in the fiberglas cracks,  those things must rattle pretty bad.
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

grdprx

I spotted a GTO on the way home from work the other day.   :coolgleamA:

hatersaurusrex

Spotted this rather nice '71 Mach 1 'vert in Soho NYC this weekend while travelling.   

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

1969chargerrtse

Wow, I never see these anymore as they all rotted out.  This thing is loaded including this super cool grille lamp!

mpdlawdog

:o...I havent seen one of those in 10 years......I impounded the last one I ever saw for being an unsafe vehicle...that one looks like its in good shape!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

surmanajaja

my cousin used to have one, fun car in the snow.

local tax laws dictated that we had to make the bed longer to pay less for it:

http://www.nettiauto.com/subaru/pickup/4771109

by the way, the mustang above is not mach 1, at least I thought they didnt make them in converts, only sportsroofs. nice car anyway. 71 shelby europa convert would be cool..

Drache

Quote from: surmanajaja on June 04, 2012, 01:13:33 PM
by the way, the mustang above is not mach 1, at least I thought they didnt make them in converts, only sportsroofs. nice car anyway. 71 shelby europa convert would be cool..

I thought you could get them in convertibles in early 70s?

EDIT:

I was right there was a mach 1 convertible in 1972 but I cant find anything on the 71 year
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

hatersaurusrex

Interesting... the window sticker did say '71 but it's possible the guy was misrepresenting it, or there really were '71 verts.    The grille is definitely '71 or '72, but I don't know enough about Mustangs to tell the differences in the two years.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

TruckDriver

That's really a '71 convetable Mustang. I seen a few of those over the years. I actually know more about older Mustang's then any Mopar. I used to have a ton of books on them. If my memory serves me right, I believe to get this look on a convertable, there was a package you could order the car with. I know you could get the same look on a coupe too. Years ago, the Slinger Speedway pace car was just like this, but white.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bob T

Usually this old VW is parked outside this sign company, pretty retro cool paint job.
I'd use it for the VW on the hill shot if I did a Bullitt tribute clip  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

TruckDriver

Saw this where I was working today. The road is going to be repaved in a few days. That's why all the dust on the car.

1977 Mercury Cougar. 62,709 original miles, 2nd owner, $2000 or best offer. New dual exhaust and front brakes. Runs & drives.
PETE

73-charger-383

on my way to look at it this weekend.  1970 Javelin SST

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

I know its not a car, but still cool and old.

PETE

69rtse4spd

Quote from: 73-charger-383 on June 07, 2012, 08:26:45 PM
on my way to look at it this weekend.  1970 Javelin SST

Looks like a sun roof was added, or did they come from the factory with one. :shruggy:.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 07, 2012, 08:17:22 PM
Saw this where I was working today. The road is going to be repaved in a few days. That's why all the dust on the car.

1977 Mercury Cougar. 62,709 original miles, 2nd owner, $2000 or best offer. New dual exhaust and front brakes. Runs & drives.

My dad lives in Conneticut and he said the local junk yard crushed a mint condition 77 Mercury Cougar just like this one, green with a white top. The owner died and the kids didn't want it. Think it got crushed the same day it was brought in.

TruckDriver

A co-workers '66 Cutlass. And it is as fast as it looks.

PETE

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Finn

Lovin' the truck and the cutlass!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L