News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chryslers At Carlisle - DodgeCharger.com hotel rooms - Only 3 left!

Started by hemigeno, June 14, 2011, 11:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Hey Guys,

I checked over the weekend with the Quality Inn - Carlisle to find out how many of our DodgeCharger.com block of rooms are still left.  Here is the tally:

King-size (single bed) Non-smoking - 1
Two Double beds Non-smoking - 5   4   3    2
When calling to make a reservation, it is much better to talk with "Sam" in Group Sales.  Other folks at the hotel have given conflicting information about how many rooms are left, but Sam knows the drill.  Tell them you're reserving one of the DodgeCharger.com rooms (our official Group Number is #2651).  Room rates are still at $149 plus tax per night for Thursday (optional), Friday and Saturday nights with a 2-night minimum stay.  You'll need to let them know which nights you want and give them a credit card number to hold the reservation.  

Here is the contact information:

Quality Inn - Carlisle
1255 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA  17013

717.243.6000 phone
717.258.4123 fax

gm.pa034@choicehotels.com  Sam's email

These remaining rooms are available pretty much on a first-come-first-served basis, and there is certainly no obligation for anyone to stay here over any other place at or near Carlisle.  None of them are much of a bargain during show weekends.  In years past we've had a great time bench racing in the back parking lot -- and Go-Kart grudge racing at the place just behind the hotel.  It's just one option, but at this stage before the show it might be one of few options remaining.

If you're interested, try giving Sam a call sooner rather than later.  I will contact him again right around the first of July to confirm that it's OK to release any remaining rooms back to them.  They'll gladly take back any of our block we don't use.

:cheers:

69 OUR/TEA

Booked one of the doubles today,thanks again Geno!!!!!!

hemigeno

bakerhillpins

Are you going to make it this year? I owe you a few beers for giving me your reservation last year.  :cheers:

Business and family issues have me leaving really early Friday morning from NH to make the show, leaving on Sunday again.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

hemigeno

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 15, 2011, 12:37:39 PM
Are you going to make it this year? I owe you a few beers for giving me your reservation last year.  :cheers:

Business and family issues have me leaving really early Friday morning from NH to make the show, leaving on Sunday again.

Lord willing, I'll make it this year - and with a car too! 

Glad to hear you'll be there again, and the reservation thing was no big deal -- seeing as how I had to back out anyway.  It's much more satisfying for me knowing a DC.com'er got the room.

Old Moparz

I'll be there again, but I'm saving money by not staying at a hotel & just reusing my refrigerator box & sleeping in that.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

hemigeno

Bob, you just do that so you can splurge on oddball brewskies at that downtown Carlisle restaurant (the one I have so much trouble finding).

Old Moparz

Gene, it's all about priorities. If you drink good beer, you simply enjoy the taste as you drink it. If you drink it ice cold after wandering around the Carlisle Fairgrounds in the sun all day, it's even better. If you drink enough if it, then it doesn't matter if you sleep in a nice bed in a nice hotel, or inside a refrigerator box.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

hemigeno

azfrench

When and where is this going to be located?  I just joined the site and could not find any other info on it.  Thanks.
1968 Charger

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

hemigeno

Quote from: azfrench on June 15, 2011, 03:43:27 PM
When and where is this going to be located?  I just joined the site and could not find any other info on it.  Thanks.

Also, check out this thread for more info on the show:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,78074.0.html

bakerhillpins

Quote from: azfrench on June 15, 2011, 03:43:27 PM

Here is the website for the event

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/chrysler-nationals/
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

TUFCAT

I starting planning very late this year. Due to our home remodeling projects I was going to pass, but it looks like I might be flying into Harrisburg as an option instead of driving.  Of course, this plan is subject to change as I have nothing nailed down yet... :shruggy:

TUFCAT

69 OUR/TEA

TUFCAT

bill440rt

I've had my room booked since last year. Can't wait to go & see everyone again!!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 15, 2011, 10:10:21 PM
I hope we have a tent like last year!  :yesnod:

That would be great if there is. I was such a wonderful thing to have that available with my boys last year when it was sooooo hot.  :yesnod:
I would be willing to help out with it's cost as I can't help out with it's planning. Not this year anyhow.

Hope to see you there TUFCAT!
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

hemigeno

At last word, Troy was working on getting the tent reserved but he'll have to post an update and confirm.

What none of us have any control over is where said tent is located.  They seem to place it randomly, but so far they haven't put us in with the 4-door Chargers -- yet...

Troy

The tent is confirmed - although I almost missed the deadline at the beginning of June. I requested our usual spot somewhere within the 68-70 Charger aisles. Cost is $175 so any help in that regard would be greatly appreciated.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TUFCAT

Geno, we got a double bed non-smoking room from the block this afternoon. Thanks for your help!  :icon_smile_wink:

hemigeno

Tilar

I called tonight and Sam wasn't in. The girl I spoke with said the only room left was $199. I emailed Sam and told him I would call him tomorrow. I seem to remember going through this same thing last year and ended up getting a room when I called the right guy.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 16, 2011, 04:19:37 PM
Geno, we got a double bed non-smoking room from the block this afternoon. Thanks for your help!  :icon_smile_wink:

:2thumbs: Glad you can make it,see you there TUFCAT.