News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A VERY COOL Retro Cuda -- Stored for 33 years.. Until NOW! (PICS)

Started by jb666, June 12, 2011, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hissing Cobra

Not me. I love it just the way it is. Well, the door panels have to go but that's about it. This is the type of car that we would have seen in a '70's Hot Rod magazine that we all would have drooled over. It's great to see it has survived and that it hasn't changed. I know a guy who's got a '62 Corvette with a straight front axle, Cragar Super Trick wheels, and a tunnel rammed 427 Chevy sticking through the hood. He had it pictured in an early '70's Hot Rod magazine and then put it away until two years ago when he began showing up at our local cruise nights in it. It's still EXACTLY how is was back in '72 with metal flake in the paint as well. That car draws much more attention than any of the rotisserie restored Corvettes at every single show.

Oh, I'm loving the Boston Album cover on the trunklid too. Living 1 hour south from Boston, you can imagine how much that band has been played on the radio around here. WZLX plays them a lot and always have. Definitely one of my favorite bands.
1969 Dodge Charger 318/automatic - Gone and sorely missed.

1979 Mustang Cobra
Street, Strip, Show
306/T-5/4.30's
12.38 @ 111
August 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Feature Car
April 2007 Modified Mustangs Magazine Feature Car

1989 Mustang LX
Stock Daily Driver
302/T-5/3.73's
14.66 @ 96

jb666

Quote from: Hissing Cobra on June 12, 2011, 08:26:56 PM
Not me. I love it just the way it is. Well, the door panels have to go but that's about it. This is the type of car that we would have seen in a '70's Hot Rod magazine that we all would have drooled over. It's great to see it has survived and that it hasn't changed. I know a guy who's got a '62 Corvette with a straight front axle, Cragar Super Trick wheels, and a tunnel rammed 427 Chevy sticking through the hood. He had it pictured in an early '70's Hot Rod magazine and then put it away until two years ago when he began showing up at our local cruise nights in it. It's still EXACTLY how is was back in '72 with metal flake in the paint as well. That car draws much more attention than any of the rotisserie restored Corvettes at every single show.

Oh, I'm loving the Boston Album cover on the trunklid too. Living 1 hour south from Boston, you can imagine how much that band has been played on the radio around here. WZLX plays them a lot and always have. Definitely one of my favorite bands.

Cool --- This car is in a shop about 15 minutes from you...   :cheers:

And I believe you... There are a few cars in this area from that era that gather a HUGE crowd at every show..

Daytona R/T SE

I didn't see the underdash 8 track player?

I'd put one in and call it good...

...Velour door panels, drum brakes and all. :2thumbs:

....And put about 175 psi in the hi jackers....

It DOES have a pair of Gabriel Hi jackers on the back doesn't it?  :scratchchin:

News Flash youngin's....

This is how the "Cool" cars looked back in the '70's and early '80's :apimp:

hemi-hampton

Looks like it's got the multi color Rainbow flake. I still got a 30 year old jar of that stuff somewhere :rofl: :2thumbs: LEON.

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 12, 2011, 09:55:37 PM
Looks like it's got the multi color Rainbow flake. I still got a 30 year old jar of that stuff somewhere :rofl: :2thumbs: LEON.

That it does!!! The very same flake is all over my wife's car too!!!!

oldgold69

love the paint the rainbow glass chips really look cool in the street  light at night  they just glitter  we painted a 70 z28 candy red and put those chips in it awesome  nice to see some old art

tan top

:drool5: thats awesome stuff  
O0

!!  love the paint job  apart from the air brushed picture & inner door pannels

good pictures thanks for sharing  Jeff :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

gtx6970

I like it,, and I'd drive the piss out of it, just the way it is :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

Funny, I like the door panels.   :lol:  A friend of mine was a huge Boston fan & would love to see this car. He painted the same mural on the wall of his bedroom in high school that was about 4 or 5 feet across. Also did the back of his denim jacket the same, but a lot smaller.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

jb666

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 13, 2011, 08:50:53 AM
What a car!! :cheers:
I was just reading about it on the Bang-shift.com website...

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/World-s-Coolest-Late-1970-s-Street-Machine-Cuda-Getting-Prepped-to-See-Street-Duty-Again.html

Yeah, Brian LOVED this car... We were talking about it on Friday night at a local car show...  He said he's heard about this car for many many years before ever knowing who's  (or what) it was.. 

4cruzin

WOW what a find!  Love to see some of the old cars with the wicked paint jobs!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

elacruze

DANG what a memory!

I'd keep the door panels too, or have them redone if necessary just as they are.

I'll have Boston in my head all day...in fact, I'm going to go to the Charger right now and upload Boston onto my thumb drive so I can cruise to it today.

:punkrocka: :dance: :drive:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

jb666

I'm glad you guys are diggin' this as much as I did.. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine, but for a lot of us this is a true sign of a different time in the world...  While I was only 8 years old when this car was painted, I already had a serious love for cars and this is EXACTLY what I loved about cars!!!

I'll grab a boatload of pics of this car when I head down there this weekend and I'll put some new stuff up.  :cheers:

RIDELIKEHELL

Flashback! There is a fellow here in town that has a Pontiac Parisienne called PANDEMONIUM with a wild paint job..reminds me of it..thx for posting
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Old Moparz

Quote from: jb666 on June 13, 2011, 10:12:53 AM
I'm glad you guys are diggin' this as much as I did.. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine, but for a lot of us this is a true sign of a different time in the world...  While I was only 8 years old when this car was painted, I already had a serious love for cars and this is EXACTLY what I loved about cars!!!

I'll grab a boatload of pics of this car when I head down there this weekend and I'll put some new stuff up.  :cheers:

Saying you were only 8 reminds me of going to the New York Custom Car Show at the New York Coliseum with my Dad in the early to mid 70's. I have a few Poloroid instant pics somewhere that I'd have to scan, but I remember a few custom vans that were the rage as well as a '69 GTX that had a similar paint job with shag carpet & velor inside. I don't like that stuff enough to do it to a car, but I thought it looked COOL back then.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Hissing Cobra

Quote from: jb666 on June 12, 2011, 09:02:18 PM

And I believe you... There are a few cars in this area from that era that gather a HUGE crowd at every show..

Sweet! I'll get to be one of the lucky ones to get to see it! I'm all over the place when I attend the weekly cruise shows and frequent the Gillette Stadium, Halifax Wal-Mart, Shooter's in Middleboro, and the Upper Cape Regional High School show in Bourne on a regular basis. I can't wait to see it!
1969 Dodge Charger 318/automatic - Gone and sorely missed.

1979 Mustang Cobra
Street, Strip, Show
306/T-5/4.30's
12.38 @ 111
August 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Feature Car
April 2007 Modified Mustangs Magazine Feature Car

1989 Mustang LX
Stock Daily Driver
302/T-5/3.73's
14.66 @ 96

elanmars

what was up with those fuzzy door panels back in the day? My 1st 69 Charger had that too hahaha.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

jb666

Quote from: Hissing Cobra on June 13, 2011, 07:40:17 PM
Quote from: jb666 on June 12, 2011, 09:02:18 PM

Sweet! I'll get to be one of the lucky ones to get to see it! I'm all over the place when I attend the weekly cruise shows and frequent the Gillette Stadium, Halifax Wal-Mart, Shooter's in Middleboro, and the Upper Cape Regional High School show in Bourne on a regular basis. I can't wait to see it!

Cool!! We NEVER miss the Halifax show (unless it's raining).. So maybe we'll see you there!

Chris G.

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 12, 2011, 08:14:41 PM
that is a real v code,it's 41 years later,I'd restore back to orig.

::) There's enough of them already to go around. If I owned this car and restored it back to it's "original", I would personally ask my own father to execute me.

I love this car and I am glad they are keeping it the way it is. I wish they kept the door panels, but whatever. What a cool ride.  :2thumbs:

69 OUR/TEA

" Stored for 33 years "     can't say I blame'em.

As I said,I give respect to the paintwork and craftsmenship,but was the "in" thing at the time,is'nt the 70's anymore.How many of you would do this to your car right now??????
Stored for 33 years is the best part to me,preserved,a beautiful rustfree orig example to gut down to the shell and do a full rotiss resto on her,whatever the orig color was,and would hope it was green!!!!

TX9AAR

Love the car I'm glad to see that he isn't going to restore it. I'd leave the door panels the way they are right now.
68 Coronet R/T Convertible
70 AAR Cuda
97 Ram

maxwellwedge

This Real Hemi 'Cuda Rag just got restored - Of course, these are the before pics.

69 OUR/TEA

Saw it in person here in CT a few years ago at a Mopar show.Hope it went back to orig!!!!! :D