News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 'Cuda

Started by twodko, June 08, 2011, 12:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Hey gang,

I'd like your opinions and/or ideas about this car. it belongs to the guy we bought our Charger from. The car is a 1969 Barracuda 340 Type S. 14-15 years ago he had a rotisserie paint job done on the car using Spies-Hecker paint in the original color - sort of a greenish gray. Anyway the car (its a roller) has been sitting in his garage under a car cover ever since, the finish is still stunning too.The engine/auto tranny were freshly overhauled while the car was being painted and rests on an engine stand next to the car. He has all the original glass and new Legendary upholstery for the car as well as all the trim and emblems. His situation is that he has decided to sell his 'Cuda because he knows he'll never get it on the road........guys almost 70. He says he and friends are going to install the engine/tranny but has no clue as to what the car is worth as it is or how to advertise it. What to do think his best bet is? If anyone might be interested in this car, PM me and I'll pass along his phonenumber. Thanks

Edit: This guy bought the 'Cuda new like the Charger we bought from him. He's a meticulous guy so he's got all the docs from dealer paperwork to build sheet(s) to service records to paint and mechnicals receipts.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

SFRT

dream project! just assemble and drive.
:drool5:

I say take pics and post here and on moparts. ballpark on what he might want for it? wheres the car?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

twodko

Hi Frank,
Congrats on BOTH of your throphys Sunday! Well deserved. Nice to finally meet you and check out your car. Yep, I believe Dan will still be following you.  :smilielol:

I'm going over to his place in Napa and take some shots of the car for him after PeggySue this weekend. For a guy who spent his career in a highly techical field he has become a technology garden gnome.  :shruggy: I had to walk him through posting a CL ad including a written cheat sheet. Aw well.
If I had the cash I'd buy that 'Cuda most rickytic. It really is a "put together and drive" package. Myself and a couple other mutual friends have tried everything we could the last 10 years to motivate this guy to no avail. We even offered to reassemble the car for him so he could get back into the car addiction.....he wasn't interested. Go figure.
I'm giving him a call now to see what he's thinking along the line of what he hopes to get from the car. More to follow.

Edit:I just checked NADA car guide and his 'Cuda is worth $27k assembled.

SFRT

Thanks !  cool to meet DC.COM friends in real life!!

eager to see pics!

if its all pristine parts and complete etc..maybe he could get 15-18K?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

twodko

Having no idea what his car is worth it seems to me $15-18K would be fair. I have a call to him and I'll post the results. The car itself is straight as an arrow and has a really beautiful finish on it. This guy is real picky about everything so I am sure pristine would be an apt description for all the parts. Info soon................

Rolling_Thunder

it all depends my man -  if it is as nice as you make it out to be and he gets it complete to sell - I would say anywhere from $25K-$35K considering he is the original owner and has full documentation

If he sold it as is he could probably get $15K for it ? 

Again  -  all just my opinion
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

twodko

I agree. He won't get it reassembled, he's lost his passion for these cars. This is why we were finally able to acquire our Charger from him. I doubt he'll mount the engine/tranny either. The car is body/paint perfect as is the drive train. New interior parts etc. Even if it was assembled and on the road, in this economy I think he'd get about what NADA lists........maybe a bit more. Hope to hear from him tonight on what he's looking for. If I can get over there I'll take some pix and post them up.

I forgot to mention its a fastback too. Those bigass rear windows are worth gold if they're OEM and his is.

twodko

Never mind, its gone.