News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need pic

Started by poppa, June 05, 2011, 11:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Looking for a good pic (or two) of a 69 Charger master/combination valve with the lines connected ,front disc. Thanks
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Just 6T9 CHGR

This help?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

poppa

Thank you. I can't make some of it out though,the steering coupler is in the way. Can't be sure which is which. And what are the other two 'blocks' for? With a combo valve I thought you only needed that?? Thanks for taking the time to post.

randr

this help? this is for hemi front disc
I'm Bored! what to do next......

poppa

Thank you both. Is this right-rear m/c to top of combo , front m/c to bottom/front combo , top front combo to left front caliper , bottom rear combo to rear brakes , top rear combo to front passenger side caliper. Correct?? And lastly,what are the other two blocks and do I need them????  :cheers:

Piston_Freddy

The big one is just a distribution block and it holds the safety switch.

Green arrow points towards a metering valve(some cars have them, some don't):

In '71 distribution block,metering valve and proportioning valve were combined and its called a combination valve.

If you have front discs then you will definitely need a prop valve, I'd recommend an adjustable one.I bought my '68 with a disc conversion and its missing the prop valve(drum cars didn't get them)and those 275 tires make a loud bark when they lock up. :D
Max rim size:15"

poppa

Thanks for the reply.What is the other small block further back on the frame?

Piston_Freddy

proportioning valve

poppa

If only some came with the metering block,what is the advantage/disadvantage? Sorry for all the ??? ,  but I'd like to understand this and get it right while the motor is out and the system is dry. Thanks for your time.

Piston_Freddy

No problem! I have no idea why some got them and some didn't. Check this: http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/tech/TechFAQ/WheelsTiresBrakesFAQ/MoparBrakeLinesValves/tabid/422/Default.aspx

Anyway, whats your current setup? Are you running stock size tires/wheels? Is your car factory front disc brake car? Stock brakes? Does the car have just distribution block and no prop or metering valve or...?

poppa

These are the parts I have. Originally a power drum going to power front(original) disc.

Piston_Freddy

The one on the frame does not look like a stock unit, second pick has a stock metering valve and stock distribution block.Maybe the thing on the frame is a combo valve? Personally, I would just use the stock distribution block and aftermarket adjustable prop valve.But if you want to go all stock parts, then I don't know if you should just run the parts at the second pic or get a prop valve too.Maybe someone else can chime in?

poppa

Someone awhile back said the one on the frame is a combo valve,would I still need a prop valve or am I good to go with that one? Thanks for your time.