News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 2011 Ram Hemi 1500 Problems...Already.

Started by ACUDANUT, June 04, 2011, 10:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

A guy at work just bought a BRAND NEW 2011 Ram 1500..4X4...Big Horn..."Hemi"...for $32,000...Guess what, It has only 3,100 miles on it and the computer went out and it would not even start.
WTF...Fiat sucks.... Is Quality Job Zero ??? It's been at the dealer ship now for 3 weeks and they can't fix it...YET

DC_1

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 04, 2011, 10:12:02 AM
A guy at work just bought a BRAND NEW 2011 Ram 1500..4X4...Big Horn..."Hemi"...for $32,000...Guess what, It has only 3,100 miles on it and the computer went out and it would not even start.
WTF...Fiat sucks.... Is Quality Job Zero ???

I had a friend who sold his industrial compressor manufacturing business earlier this year. After years of driving Dodge pickups and mini vans he thought he would treat himself to something higher end. He bought a 2011 loaded Range Rover for $94,000. About 3 weeks into owning it, and during a unbelievably rainy month we've had around here, his wipers stopped working. He brought it into the dealer, they checked things out and replaced the switch. About 2 days after that the same thing happens. He brings it in again and this time they replace the wiper motor. Now Range Rovers I would say don't have a reputation for being a piece of crap so the moral of the story....  shit happens! If it didn't we wouldn't need a warranty.

Not trying to be harsh, just think the Penastar deserves a break here

Btw, very time he tells me of his trouble I tell him he should have bought the 2011 Grand Cherokee SRT instead.....he agrees and wishes he had.

SRT-68

Are you really making this statement based on one failure? Dozens of people bought new toyotas and died in them.  Every car maker has issues and problems but the 2011 Ram is a very nice and well made truck. This doesn't say they won't have any problems.

bill440rt

I got rid of my last '07 Ram thru the NJ Lemon Law. Plagued with electrical problems & check engine lights. Computer was one of the problems.
The '98 Ram I had before that was awesome. And I gotta say I LOVE my '11 Ram the best out of all of them.

Shit happens no matter what you buy. And FWIW, Range Rovers aren't the best out there, either. Getting parts sometimes for them can be an all out nightmare.

:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ACUDANUT

Quote from: SRT-68 on June 04, 2011, 03:57:14 PM

Are you really making this statement based on one failure? Dozens of people bought new toyotas and died in them.  Every car maker has issues and problems but the 2011 Ram is a very nice and well made truck. This doesn't say they won't have any problems.
No, not really...I am on the fence about buying a newer Ram truck, that's all...Also, A guy I know has a 09 Ram 2500 with a cummins and it is in the shop every month for something electrical....Now, I am thinking about just forgetting a Ram...That's all.   :shruggy: :scratchchin:

69 OUR/TEA

Well,I have to say it like this,with every company there will be "good ones" and "bad ones",sometimes you get the lemon of the bunch,other times you get the one that goes 200k miles with no major problems.I had an 89 chevy 1500 4x4,loaded,auto,5.7 TBI,3.42's.Bought it with 90k on it already in 93,sold it in 2007.Plowed with it from 94 on,brakes,radiator,fuel pump,brake lines that rusted,etc.Very minor things.These 88-93 chevys had problems with those motors,heads warping/cracking.Blocks cracking,trannys not lasting or taking abuse.Sold mine in 07 with 263k miles on it(it was getting weak in the towing dept),NEVER had the valve covers off it,NO timing chain issues,front and rear,transfer case still orig in it,heck even had the orig rotors and drums on it till 225k miles!!!!
Paid $9,500.00 when I bought it,sold it for $4,000.00 (body and paint were mint,and plow went with it).Geuss I got my moneys worth out of that one !!!!!!
Bought my 04 ram 1500 QC Hemi 4x4 in 2007 w/ 52k on it,now it has 72k.Problems so far,horn contact stuck on,O2 sensor,PW switch cluster broke(falling in),and bent rear axle,which I beleive was either from a hit on the wheel or slid into a curb,not by me.All these things were fixed free from my 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty.
Gotta say,the truck has been great so far,with the exception for,it uses way to much oil.Around 1,200-1,400 miles not towing it will use a quart.Towing,500 miles will suck down a quart.The chevy did'nt use that much at 263k!!LOL
It's like a gamble,unless its a total POS,you have to be ready to deal with some inconvienience and not throw in the towel at the first rattle or squeek.It all comes down to preference,I love the look of the Dodge rams(outside and in),and would'nt consider a Ford even if they had more power and got better gas milage,I just don'y like the look of the body style or the interiors,same goes with the chevys. :Twocents: