News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sox & Martin Superbird

Started by greulings, June 02, 2011, 01:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greulings

I think I may have posted on some dead threads, so I figured I should start a new thread...here goes:

I am collecting info for a paper I'm writing - my due date is 1 July.  I have to write about something that interests me.  I chose the Sox and Martin Superbird and any impact it might have made on car culture.  I'd like to be able to get quotes from drivers/owners of the car throughout it's career.

Basic stuff needed:

- pics of the car - would like to have some buildup shots, race shots, driver shots, mag articles, wreckage shots, and post racing life)
- Sox and Martin story - why/when did they get the car and what condition was it in when they got it?
- When to when did McCandless race the car before they sold it?
- who raced it after it became SuperChicken and where did it run?
- are there specific race dates/locations that it ran?
- memories from spectators

If you can thing of anything else, please share.  Here's the latest pic I could find...anybody have enything more recent?
Drive it like you stole it!

Aero426

The previous thread isn't dead, and the discussion should be continued there. 

The silence may be more due to the lack of conclusive answers to the questions you've asked.

nitrometal

Did you see this thread?  It's still active and has some great info & photos.  Don't forget to mention in your paper that it was considered important enough that they made a plastic model kit of it then and a die-cast later.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29444.0.html

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

greulings

Did as aero426 suggested and continued the discussion on the link provided by nitrometal.  Won't forget to include the details about the models and the dicast cars. :2thumbs:
Drive it like you stole it!