News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My buddies 383 charger gets the liz's old eldelbrock carb

Started by 70charginglizard, May 28, 2011, 11:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Finally convinced my buddy tony to allow me to replace the stock holley he had in his 70 charger with the old 750 cfm edelbrock I use to have in my charger. Heck,  I wasnt using it anyway now that I went to the six pack setup.

He seems very happy with the results. that old holley he had in there was obviously having some issues cause he was telling me it wouldnt even light up the tires. Mass hesitation issues

no longer an issue there. Once we got the eledbrock one in and hooked up and sinked in he's very VERY happy with the results. I just had fun being able to get under the hood again and turn some wrenches.

Great day :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

morepower

sounds like he needs a new holley and he'll really be happy. That old holley probably had a blown powervalve. holley's make more power than edelbrocks. But if he is happy, then that is good
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

70charginglizard

Quote from: morepower on May 29, 2011, 01:07:15 AM
sounds like he needs a new holley and he'll really be happy. That old holley probably had a blown powervalve. holley's make more power than edelbrocks. But if he is happy, then that is good

Yep.. His power valve is toast. This is a temp solution for him till he gets a job and has the money to get his origial holley fixed. Just helping out a fellow mopar in need for now since my eldelbrock was just layin around.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard