News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

neon rad+trans problem

Started by billssuperbird, May 20, 2011, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

rad broke mix coolant  with trans fluid. replace rad flush it all out +trans. the trans is slipping. do i need to replace the trans. :brickwall: 2003 neon.

firefighter3931

Quote from: billssuperbird on May 20, 2011, 08:59:44 PM
rad broke mix coolant  with trans fluid. replace rad flush it all out +trans. the trans is slipping. do i need to replace the trans. :brickwall: 2003 neon.

That appears to be a common issue with Neons....unfortunately  :P

My buddy who's a Dodge service manager recommends replacing the OEM rad on any used Neon purchase. I went with a 5 spd trans instead when i bought mine used (2003 sxt 2.0)

The trans will need to be rebuilt.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

ITSA426

I've got a five speed in my '03 SXT also.  It's a lot of fun for a little mileage miser.  There are frequently five speed swaps available on Neons.org  if you're that ambitious. 

There is a neon with a similar problem to yours for sale locally.  I didn't realize it was an issue.

Todd Wilson

Are there aftermarket radiators out there that will prevent this problem from happening?

Todd

moparstuart

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 25, 2011, 10:31:16 AM
Are there aftermarket radiators out there that will prevent this problem from happening?

Todd

just buy an aftermarket tranny cooler for like 40 50 bucks at oreillys and mount it infront of the radiator , problem solved .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE