News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got to drive a Tesla for a little bit

Started by Ghoste, May 16, 2011, 08:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It's a lot like a really fast golf cart is about the best way I can describe it.  It handles better of course and has a better suspension and all the features you expect of any other car but the actual driving part of it is more difficult to accurately describe.  The powerful golf cart is about the best analogy I can use.  The charge time and driving range still don't work for me (and in the case of the Tesla the price is waaaaaaay out of what I would pay) but I can see where someone who only drives commuter type big city usage would be attracted to them. 

Rolling_Thunder

A friend of mine owns one - she drives it around in Italy where they have a vacation home. I have never had the chance to drive it but she says almost the same thing...    "go-kart"
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bakerhillpins

So did you get the opportunity to romp on it? I would expect the torque to be reasonably substantial with electric drive. Was it the sport model?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Brock Samson

I see them quite often here in the bay area, usually within 100 miles of Silicon Valley. i think it's the "It" car for Tech Geeks.

Ghoste

Yeah, the one that has a Lotus body.  It has the instant torque you would expect of an electric engine.

KS71owner

I never understood why someone would pay upwards of $100k for a Tesla when the Lotus Elise (similar body, gas powered) costs half as much with better range. I do love the Elise though - saw a couple at a car show last summer and fell in love with them.