News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I see Halpg is going for the big bucks now

Started by TruckDriver, January 08, 2006, 08:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

They had this one and a '70 for around $2,000 less. They painted everything under the hood & interiour  :rotz:

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/7/1/81039271.htm

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoparMotel

why would they put that motor in there with a 2 barrell carb.......its obviously not going back original.....and also......why would you paint the woodgrain sterring wheel black?
1968 Dodge Charger

MGBRingo

One reason.  To hide things they don't want you to see.

Troy

Don't you remember? They are in the "restoration" business now. That means they can jack up the prices even more because they are legitimate. I love the "detailed" undercarriage. I guess it's cheaper when you only have to buy two colors of paint...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Dodge-Charger

QuoteMAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE WITH OUR PROGRAM! GET YOUR OFFICIAL GENERAL LEE FROM THE TRUSTED SUPPLIER FOR THE NEW MOVIE! WE OFFER DIRT CHEAP DELIVERY AND NO HASSLE FINANCING FOR ALL OF THE DUKES FANS! HURRY CAUSE THEY DON'T LAST LONG!
                                                ( I thought it was West Bros. ) I could be wrong

you would think that for allmost 30,000 they could find some side markers, or atleast cover them over.

TruckDriver

I just realised they painted everything but the bumpers ::)
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

TK73

F'in pathetic:

"THE WHOLE ENGINE BAY IS DETAILED AND READY FOR THE SHOWS! "
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

NHCharger

Wow, I just learned a valuable restoration tip. I didn't know painting the entire undercarriage of the car black including the shocks  is considered "detailed". I'm going to save me a ton of money on my 71 restoration. :thumbs:
I counted 6 or 7 other General's in the backround. I've noticed Halpg buying some second gen bondo buggies on the bag. 5-7k for the car, 5-8k to make it look pretty. Sell them for 25k. Sell one per month at a profit of 10k, not a bad way to make some easy cash.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TK73

On one of the others the bumper looks painted silver...

greenpigs

Quotenot a bad way to make some easy cash.

And enemies

What a joke..it does look good in the pics..I guess you really can polish a turd.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

jaak

man, with these guys in the resto business now, I'm gonna buy some shares of Krylons stock.    :icon_smile_big:

Jason

TruckDriver

Here's the '70 they have for only $23,000 and in has air conditioning  :D  ::)

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/5/9/81257059.htm

And this R/T is only $30,000  :smilielol:

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/5/8/80832258.htm

They use the same under car pic for almost every car too. :rotz:
PETE

TK73

30k "restored" car and don't even take the alternator off before rattle-canning it...

I sure would like to see these 'swipes go under.  :flame:

DodgeChargerNeeded

$30,000 and you get a rubber hose kinked over in place of the heater hoses.
Jeff

bull

Apparently they've worked out a deal with their paint vendor to get gobs of cheap black rattle-can paint to go along with the cases and cases of safety orange. But to their credit, I think this is the first I've seen the underside of one of their cars without any cancer. At least there's none in the picture.

jaak

Quote from: bull on January 09, 2006, 12:34:02 AM
Apparently they've worked out a deal with their paint vendor to get gobs of cheap black rattle-can paint to go along with the cases and cases of safety orange. But to their credit, I think this is the first I've seen the underside of one of their cars without any cancer. At least there's none in the picture.

I think thats what they do, the more solid cars become general clones (at way too high pricing) sure probably decent cars but no 30k resto.
The rustbuckets they probably get them for 500 bucks or so, save the good parts, ie trim, grilles, etc. Then they prime them (probably with cheep laquer primer) Grey or black, and put them up for sale as "projects" for 4-6k depending on whats left. So in all honesty the Generals they build are probably the better of the cars they own, But no 30K..... thats ludicriss, the car in the photo, 6-7k tops if I looked at it first. And if I never heard of them before,  These Cats are just plain old crooks.......... They Like the DOH so much, you can tell by their business approach, Boss Hogg must have been their favorite character.

BTW..... see the mustang in the background?  I wonder if they are gonna start building "show" Elenor clones???

Troy

Quote from: jaak on January 09, 2006, 12:48:43 AM
BTW..... see the mustang in the background? I wonder if they are gonna start building "show" Elenor clones???
They were selling Mustangs before it became popular to sell Chargers. They backed off for a while but it looks like they picked up again (possibly due to a lack of Charger sales?). Check out the Mustang discussion boards and you'll see roughly the same complaints about them as the Mopar boards. I had some of the quotes saved for personal use... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

wow what a scam, any teen could've done better resto than that
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: Troy on January 09, 2006, 01:14:11 AM
BTW..... see the mustang in the background? I wonder if they are gonna start building "show" Elenor clones???
They were selling Mustangs before it became popular to sell Chargers. They backed off for a while but it looks like they picked up again (possibly due to a lack of Charger sales?). Check out the Mustang discussion boards and you'll see roughly the same complaints about them as the Mopar boards. I had some of the quotes saved for personal use... :D

Troy

I'd kind of like to see those quotes, Troy.

greenpigs

Not that its needed, but we should hookup with the mustang board members and visit hlpag...BTW why are you slumming on a Mustang board?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mike DC

Putting shoddy work into a more solid car doesn't make their work any less shoddy.  They're still basically buying an existing Charger and then adding on $10-15K for their spray paint & duct tape work.

TruckDriver

They Like the DOH so much, you can tell by their business approach, Boss Hogg must have been their favorite character.

HA! That's no lie!
PETE

Jon Smith

QuoteHURRY CAUSE THEY DON'T LAST LONG!
he can say that again :smilielol: