News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

*POOF!* Gone!

Started by Arigmaster, May 15, 2011, 08:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arigmaster

Back in '07 I sold my '68 because of a divorce only to have it show up a year later on EBay way down in St. Louis. I would have loved to get that car back but to this day it's out of the question. This isn't the first time I have been through the "had to sell it" with a car and probably won't be the last.

One thing I can say however is that with some cars, they seem to just vanish off the face of the earth once they are sold. I had a '67 L-88 Roadster do the same thing many years back along with a very custom Ranchero I built. Every one of them "POOF GONE."

I have a feeling that the Vette and my Charger may have been placed back to original or modified where I wouldn't recognize them anymore. Every car I built was built the way I liked it or unique to me. but it always left me wondering....

Where is it now? You would think that it would surface somewhere again.... Anyone else have these thoughts?

Cooter

Nope, Haven't sold one yet. have bought others cars though and had to go through the dreaded "Hey, that's so and so's old car right? No, it's MY car now"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Just 6T9 CHGR

If I had to sell mine I'd want it "poofed gone"....wouldnt want to see it again :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jaak

I had a '72 (that I sold to a member here) back in early 2008. I work for the Department of Transportation and I was working on a resurfacing project in early 2010 and that Charger was sitting in a driveway near the project, so I saw it everyday on my way to work for a couple of months.

Jason

BrianShaughnessy

I'd have a lot more money in the bank if Sinnamon had stayed POOF'd and GONE.   :Twocents: 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

nh_mopar_fan

I sold my 67 Dart GTS and then watched it reappear on Ebay 3-4 times. The 3rd and 4th sellers seriously misrepresented the car even after I emailed the 3rd guy and gave him the background on the car, he continued to add even more false details about the car.
:rotz:

redmist

I sold a real nice 1965 Ford Galaxie 500XL Convertible 390 car for ........   $1000   :eek2: it was white with red interior and a white top. I was so flippin stupid.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

elanmars

I knew the whereabouts of the '73 I sold but no longer. Saw it listed WAY over priced on craigslist, doubt it sold for 2nd gen prices.

'69 i sold was converted into a general lee and i keep in contact through facebook, car looks really nice.

as for my current one-at the crossroads whether to sell it or not, might be the "fundraiser" for another one and more camera equipment, if sold at a good, decent price...
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

aussiemuscle

of all the cars i've sold i've never seen them again, except for the hyundai, i saw it once about three weeks after i sold it, then nothing. the only one i know is my old Pontiac Firebird (87) i go visit the guy sometimes, but it just sits under a carpet in the paddock forlorn in a line of old wrecks he's bought.

bill440rt

I had a few cars that I still wonder today what happened to them.
I had a '71 Road Runner clone, Lemon Twist with a white hi-back bench interior with brown dash & carpet, black strobe stripes & a go-wing. It was a 440-4, but the next owner installed a 6-pack. Had chrome Cragar SST's on it.
Sold it back in '89, & saw it coming out of E-town here in NJ on a flatbed a year later. That was the last I ever saw of it.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

I suppose it goes both ways.

I've had a few cars that I've always wondered where they'd gone, but have never seen them again.

Also, trying to find out where your car came from, history etc is more intriguing I think, I always wonder where mine came from and if older owners of it ever wonder where it went. How many of us have seen our previous cars but might not necessarily recognize them, like the charger that was converted into a General Lee...   

1969chargerrtse

I did a 4 year restoration on a 69 Camaro Indy Pace car. Rare 396/4 spd. Poof gone. I had the vin checked in several states?  124679N619395. Same with a 70 440/6 SuperBee. Where are you?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.