News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

storing a new carpet

Started by B5charger, May 14, 2011, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5charger

Just wondering if there's any harm in keeping my new carpet rolled up in the box it was sent in from Legendary or if I should lay it flat up in my garage rafters until I'm ready for the installation?

Charger-Bodie

I would lay it out if you have somewhere it will stay relatively clean.It will be an easier install later if you do.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

EccentricMagpies

:iagree:

I currently have mine layed out on my son's top bunk.  :)
He's only 7 so there is an uneasy feeling about that idea too.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

BananaDan

I kept mine in the box for about 2-3 weeks before I installed it.  I took it out and laid it out flat a week before I was ready to install it so it could lay out and it needed it.  It was a bit difficult to handle after being boxed up that long.  I wouldn't keep it boxes much longer than that.  If you are far from the installation, you might be better off not ordering it until you're ready for it.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein