News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

*sings* M-I-C-K-E-Y S-E-A-L-6!

Started by Drache, May 13, 2011, 08:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Walt Disney Company Trademarks The Phrase 'SEAL Team 6′

Today we learned that members of SEAL Team 6 are very concerned about the safety of themselves and their family in regards to retaliation for their mission that took out Osama bin Laden. On the bright side, however, they may get some sweet action figures out of the deal! Yes, the Walt Disney Company just successfully trademarked the phrase "SEAL Team 6″ for their own use. Hey, this is for the best. If major corporations don't instantly try to capitalize and wring every buck out of everything that happens, then the terrorists truly will have won.

Fishbowl NY has the details on the trademark:

Quote"The trademark applications came on May 3rd, two days after the operation that killed Bin Laden... and two days after 'Seal Team 6′ was included in thousands of news articles and TV programs focusing on the operation.

Disney's trademark applications for 'Seal Team 6′ cover clothing, footwear, headwear, toys, games and 'entertainment and education services,' among other things."

Honestly, I think this is the best possible news. While I doubt I'll be purchasing all the products Disney seems to have planned (nothing says "Merry Christmas" like an ornament depicting a guy shooting Osama bin Laden in the face), only SEAL Team 6 has the bravery and training necessary to go into the Middle East and finally take out that damn Jafar guy.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/walt-disney-company-trademarks-the-phrase-seal-team-6/

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

redmist

It's DEVGRU... Seal team six does not exist anymore...

Just Sayin!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.