News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger owners wonderin' over here

Started by terrible one, May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

look..if I was going to buy a modern Murican land barge it would be a  Chrysler 300 . at least they look fairly classy. The Chumlee doesnt. around here most of them are Ghetto rides anyways.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on May 13, 2011, 07:26:19 AM
Quote from: Drache on May 13, 2011, 03:44:50 AM
Quote from: terrible one on May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM
the site link on Google, it says "A community for fans of the classic Dodge Charger." How is it that so many people don't notice?  :shruggy:

Some people believe that the new Chargers are the only Chargers made and think of it like a classic.  :rotz:

I noticed on the LX forums that they consider the 2006-2010 as 1st gen Chargers..................LOL

BBD

Well, if you think about it, there's a lot of truth to that notion. IMO these cars really have nothing to do with each other except the name. It's a totally different car so why shouldn't it be considered a first gen.? :shruggy:

Drache

Quote from: bull on May 13, 2011, 06:09:40 PM

Well, if you think about it, there's a lot of truth to that notion. IMO these cars really have nothing to do with each other except the name. It's a totally different car so why shouldn't it be considered a first gen.? :shruggy:

Same with the Chargers from the 80's as well.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Bobs69

I would imagine that they are just proud of their new cars and are not wrenches turners.

UH60L

Quote from: bull on May 13, 2011, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: BigBlackDodge on May 13, 2011, 07:26:19 AM
Quote from: Drache on May 13, 2011, 03:44:50 AM
Quote from: terrible one on May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM
the site link on Google, it says "A community for fans of the classic Dodge Charger." How is it that so many people don't notice?  :shruggy:

Some people believe that the new Chargers are the only Chargers made and think of it like a classic.  :rotz:

I noticed on the LX forums that they consider the 2006-2010 as 1st gen Chargers..................LOL

BBD

I basically agree, they share nothing but the name.  But, since they do share the name, there jsut can't be two "1st generation dodge chargers".  If we were to give credence to those cars as being "chargers", they would be what, 5th or 6th gen depending on if you count the '80s and the late '70s?

I am a registered user over on "chargerforums.com".  I registered there because I was interested in what the 2011 car would end up looking like and figured that might be the place to get info .  I try not to post there too often though because I usually end up pissing someone off.  I can't help it, when I saw some of them say "it's not a charger without the "hump" on the side", I couldn't help post picture of a second gen and point out the lack of "humps", then post a pic of a 'cuda and ask if those are the humps they are looking for.    :icon_smile_cool:

Or when they were talking about the second gen being better than the 2010, I said "yes, the '68 to '70 model was and still is better than the 2010 car.".   I think I was called a troll for that one, but hey that IS the second gen.

As someone else pointed out though, and I have brought up over on chargerforums.com, some of those guys spend thousands of dollars trying to make their 2006 to 2010 cars look more like a '69 charger, but they are the same guys who jump all over you if you mention the words "retro" "two door" "coupe" or anything that doesn't basically kiss dodge's anus concerning the 2006 to 2010 car.  A bit of a double standard, me thinks.

As a side note, Danko does make some pretty cool mods that improve the overall look of those cars.  I am curious what Danko could do for the front end of the 2011 car.  I can't do body work or fabrication, just not my thing, but it always amazes me what people can produce for cars, old and new.

Dang, I talk too much!   ;D    goodnight all

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Patronus on May 13, 2011, 02:39:23 PM
What, like the last idiot who's new Cordoba wouldn't start? Then starts mouthing off like its our fault.

what a jackass.

472 R/T SE

I hang out @ LXforums just as much as I do here.  I've also been to a few meet-n-greets put on by folks from there.

Strangely enough, none of those folks act anything like what's talked about in this thread.  They're no different than the other make followers.  They have the same drive & passion that we do, it's just they like different stuff.

Several of them have more money sunk in their rides than I've ever spent on a car & only take them out during weekends.

UH60L, you're no different than the troll that was here yesterday.

:Twocents: :Twocents:

Kern Dog

Your post title is misleading. Wondering is to think about things. WANDERING is to move around and into things.

terrible one

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 14, 2011, 01:58:11 AM
Your post title is misleading. Wondering is to think about things. WANDERING is to move around and into things.

Why is it necessary to post this? The least you could do is read the whole thread and see where bull beat you to the punch.

Are you going to be okay? You must be traumatized after being duped so badly by my misleading thread titles. :shruggy:

Actually, since we were just speaking of trolls stirring the pot, your timing is just right, jackass :2thumbs:

TK73

Quote from: Brass on May 13, 2011, 02:39:55 PM
Whenever I pull up along a new Monaco, I mean Charger, I usually look for some sign of awareness from the other driver.  I can't help it.  I kind of like new Chagnums – they're just not Chargers.  So in the spirit of inclusivity, I still try to see if there's any recognition behind the eyes and share an acknowledgment with the other Mopar driver.  Unfortunately I'm usually met with blank stares and mouth-breathing.  

I do the same, not much recognition in the eyes... except one day I pull up next to a new purple Daytona and this lady in her 60's drivin it asks the year of mine. Was impressed, my car is ratty as hell.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

squeakfinder

So this IS a site for vintage Chargers. That's what I've allways thought. Just wondering, I kinda got slapped for my sarcastic remarks in this thread. And I really wasn't trying to run anybody off. Just trying to point out to the guy he was probably in the wrong place. And I guess that's OK now  :shruggy:. Anyway, this place has been around long before the LX Monaco's were even an itch in some designer's pants.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,77129.msg867846.html#msg867846

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: jaak on May 12, 2011, 11:06:29 PM
I think a lot of them are just trolls trying to stir the pot.

Jason
and stealing our parts.  lol

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on May 14, 2011, 08:17:36 PM
Quote from: jaak on May 12, 2011, 11:06:29 PM
I think a lot of them are just trolls trying to stir the pot.

Jason
and stealing our parts.  lol

hey I resemble that   :nana:  ....well I used to anyway ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TexasStroker

Hey, to anyone's credit the new R/T emblems are smaller and cost more than repops from the glory years...I just can't win on some stuff, lol.  Never thought I'd have to think about spending $67 to get a second R/T emblem to custom paint it...banked on $20-30 max for the new ones  :brickwall:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Kern Dog

Stock for stock, the new stuff spanks our old cars. Many of these LX guys are car guys too. My 07 truck is my only late model rig, as I need a truck for work. The name of this site is not CLASSICdodgecharger, so why not include the new guys?
For years, Mopar guys have been begging for a new V8 RWD Mopar and when we got one, then another, then one more...I hear people complain about the weight, names of the cars, all sorts of petty stuff. Sure, The 4 door Charger should have been named something else, but it is a comfortable, safe car that performs well and gets double the mileage of most classics. The harshest critics of the new Challenger seem to be Mopar guys. Thats terrible. Bad press from your own people may result in discontinuation of low volume models. THEN how long would we have to wait for another effort?

Plum Crazy 68

How about calling them 2nd generation Magnums to be clear.   :stirthepot:

bobs66440

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 15, 2011, 02:36:26 AM
The harshest critics of the new Challenger seem to be Mopar guys. Thats terrible.
I found that to be true also. I was never a Mopar guy until I got my 1st gen Charger last year. I've always owned GM's & Fords. I had always heard that the Mopar guys were a close-knit bunch. Turns out that the harshest critics of my car were the Mopar guys and the 1st gen is the "ugly stepchild" in the Charger world (who knew?) However, I found that most other people, regardless of brand loyalty, love the 1st gens, which I found confusing...until I realized it was....

FIRST-GENVY!  :nana:

Kern Dog

Hey Bob...... have I seen this car on Moparts? Nice car!

DustinSimmonds

It is sad how much self hate there is. "Red 70 R/T 493" couldn't have said it better. Look before 2006, beside the Viper, Dodge was lacking in the performance sector. Then came the Charger, a rear wheel drive, V8, 425HP, boat! Beside the 4-doors the new Chargers, are Chargers! Everyone likes to dis on the 1st gen Chargers, but if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have had the '68-'74 models. We are already seeing the Charger improve with the 2011. That is just a refresh, not even a full new model. So they started somewhere and our input is heard and helps shape the new models.

I personally love seeing the new Charger owners on here. As long as they aren't asking questions like "how can I fit the maximum amount of soccer balls in my SLX", I'm fine with it. If these are guys who are passionate about performance and their cars, why not let them join. Those modern Charger sites are AWFUL! Its is so true that they are completely commercialized. Lets give these guys somewhere fun and understanding.

Back N Black

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on May 16, 2011, 01:52:44 PM
               It is sad how much self hate there is. "Red 70 R/T 493" couldn't have said it better. Look before 2006, beside the Viper, Dodge was lacking in the performance sector. Then came the Charger, a rear wheel drive, V8, 425HP, boat! Beside the 4-doors the new Chargers, are Chargers! Everyone likes to dis on the 1st gen Chargers, but if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have had the '68-'74 models. We are already seeing the Charger improve with the 2011. That is just a refresh, not even a full new model. So they started somewhere and our input is heard and helps shape the new models.

I personally love seeing the new Charger owners on here. As long as they aren't asking questions like "how can I fit the maximum amount of soccer balls in my SLX", I'm fine with it. If these are guys who are passionate about performance and their cars, why not let them join. Those modern Charger sites are AWFUL! Its is so true that they are completely commercialized. Lets give these guys somewhere fun and understanding.

I agree, let them join and have a different section, like Aero cars, just call it 5 gen Chargers or 4 door chargers.

Brock Samson

When this site and it's predecessor, www.dodge charger.com started, there were no four door Chargers or any need for one... I never once remember anyone expressing a need for a sedan version...  :scratchchin: You?..  :shruggy:
That said I don't think we really want this site over run with the sedan folks asking about re-flashing their ECUs, or worse.. besides,..  I doubt Bull would ever allow it...  :lol:

http://youtu.be/Qw7_UTk0d6Y

cool Video of the '11.

skip68

I agree with Dave.  Don't contaminat the water.   We will end up with a mess of wrong information. THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS WITH THE SAME NAME.   IT'S BAD ENOUGH NOW MAKING SURE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CORRECT YEAR AND MODEL WHEN WE TRY AND HELP.  If you ask me the Challenger is closer to a charger than the new chargers are.  I guess they should join to and have their own section as well.  I'm sorry but those cars have no business here.  If this site turns into that circus I'm gone.  See ya, goodbye DC.com.   Chuck.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lennard

:iagree: That's exactly what sucks about eBay these days... type in 1969 Dodge Charger and you get a lot of new "Charger" crap.
I joined this forum because it is mainly Second gen. Charger on here and those are my favorites. I didn't join Moparts.com because I don't care about Cudas - Darts etc.

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Back N Black on May 16, 2011, 02:33:50 PM
I agree, let them join and have a different section, like Aero cars, just call it 5 gen Chargers or 4 door chargers.

OMG did he just say to treat Gen 5 Chargers like AERO cars?   Gen 5 = AERO    :eek:

Steve (Just having a little fun)

Brock Samson

What about stickin' them in Skips new "Short Bus" Section?.. I hear Troy's gonna debut it pretty soon...  :lol: