News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cars in Barns INSANE find.

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, May 10, 2011, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

It's hard to tell if the cars are sinking into the earth or is the earth rising to meet them. :scratchchin:

Great pics as always.

BBD

SFRT

shame...I know a hoarder here in town hes got 20 odd cars, all awesome models and makes, in various states of slow death squirrelled away in different garages and storage joints owned by friends and family.......gonna fix them ALL one day ( he's 50) and as a topper all of them are years out of reg or owed money on to the dmv. etc. guy cant even afford to register them properly..but some day he will FIX EM ALL. and of course, they are all worth BJ $$$$.........oh yeeah.

sheesh.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

daveco

Fun looking at the photos (thanks) but it really is a shame to see them being slowly converted into MPo2 (MoparOxide).
R/Tree

JRGBoss

http://dawsoncreek.canadianlisted.com/cars/100s-of-cars-must-go-now_569476.html

This is what eventually happens to those that hoard. The more remote you are the longer you will go unnoticed. Anybody headed to Canada?
1968 Dodge Charger RT - 2nd Owner

TheAutoArchaeologist

Well here is hoping I get the job at Hemmings and I will have more time to fully discover that yard and see everything there is to see.  Perhaps he will allow me to save one of those A-bodies. 

Ryan

MSRacing89

I have one car and sometimes it's hard to find the time to keep up with!   :rotz:

This guy has some serious issues.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

MTPOCKET

You better have a chain saw if you want any of those cars.. :hack: Couple more falls and the camouflage is complete you will not be able to see any of those cars..

arrow

Quote from: JRGBoss on May 13, 2011, 09:46:22 AM
http://dawsoncreek.canadianlisted.com/cars/100s-of-cars-must-go-now_569476.html

This is what eventually happens to those that hoard. The more remote you are the longer you will go unnoticed. Anybody headed to Canada?
some fair better

aussiemuscle

Quote from: DevilDO NOT TELL WHERE AND WHO THIS GUY IS.

Quote from: NHCharger on May 10, 2011, 05:49:10 PM
Wonder how long some have been sitting there? What a waste.

Don't let anyone know where he is, because there are forum members here that would lynch him for such a crime against mopar

TheAutoArchaeologist

He just likes to have his cars, he doesn't really wanna get rid of them.

One last blog about my adventure last week.

http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com/2011/05/theres-mopars-and-other-makes-in-that_19.html

Topher

He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

The70RT

He likes to have them  ::)  If he sold half of them he could have a couple more done.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TheAutoArchaeologist

Well sadly I won't have the ability to investigate this place more, I will not be moving out to Vermont.  No a-bodies for me I guess.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Devil on May 24, 2011, 02:58:01 PM
Well sadly I won't have the ability to investigate this place more, I will not be moving out to Vermont.  No a-bodies for me I guess.

Very sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.  :'(  Must be a tough bunch as you seem to have a great passion for the cars, hunt, and most importantly the urge to express that in words. I always enjoy reading your blog posts and think Hemmings missed the boat on this one.   :cheers:

Guess I am going to have to spend a weekend cruzing around down in that area to see what I "run into".  :icon_smile_wink:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jobbless

A guy near me had to get rid of his collection. There were 66 67 GTOs, 70 challenger, 74 roadrunner, chevelles, a 55 chevys, Countless cool old cars. The township was on him, Scrapped them all. People had been trying to buy stuff off of him for years. wouldn't sell a thing. wouldn't even sell when he was scraping them. on the way to the crusher. even at the crusher. he didnt want anyone else to have them..
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

freddyd02

Quote from: jobbless on May 26, 2011, 05:08:18 PM
A guy near me had to get rid of his collection. There were 66 67 GTOs, 70 challenger, 74 roadrunner, chevelles, a 55 chevys, Countless cool old cars. The township was on him, Scrapped them all. People had been trying to buy stuff off of him for years. wouldn't sell a thing. wouldn't even sell when he was scraping them. on the way to the crusher. even at the crusher. he didnt want anyone else to have them..

What a moron.. Just cuz he couldn't have them no one could.. what a waste and shame..  :rotz:

The70RT

Just think he could have sold all but one and had funds to restore just that one  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TheAutoArchaeologist

HOTROD

I know a yard here in MO. I visit every year we have yet to get a thing except stores it sucks !! :brickwall:
What the Hell-Dumass !

lee2

There is a yard be me in wisconsin. I love to go there. Tons of old mopars. I never asked if he would sell any whole cars, but he mentioned he wanted to sell the whole yard. and believe me when i say THIS PLACE IS HUGE. you could spend a week strait there and not see it all. But one thing is for sure. He will not crush any car. But if he did decide to sell a car it would probably be pricey. he likes his money.
Welcome to Hazzard County. They do things different here.

tsmithae

Quote from: lee2 on June 20, 2011, 08:29:25 PM
There is a yard be me in wisconsin. I love to go there. Tons of old mopars. I never asked if he would sell any whole cars, but he mentioned he wanted to sell the whole yard. and believe me when i say THIS PLACE IS HUGE. you could spend a week strait there and not see it all. But one thing is for sure. He will not crush any car. But if he did decide to sell a car it would probably be pricey. he likes his money.

Where would this yard in WI be?  I live in N. IL and if its not far, I need to get out and take a day off and do something for fun.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Steve P.

This story is nothing but sad..... He'll never do a thing with them. There was a guy here in Tampa that had very many old mopars. He died and his son had the burden of clearing out the land to sell it. The son was completely clueless as to what was worth anything. I offered some assistance and recommended he give the bodies that didn't sell to local schools for the up and coming kids to work on and appreciate. Don't know if he ever did that though... Sure wish we had some nice old iron to work on when I went to auto shop.... 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: lee2 on June 20, 2011, 08:29:25 PM

There is three yards I know of in Wisconsin that you might be speaking of.... It doesn't happen to have a 71 Challenger R/T sitting out there.  I believe it was purple?

And yea, it is sad.  He does sell stuff, but just locally.  Doesn't have a computer, doesn't want to deal with shipping.  His wife is Mopar nut as well, so I think they are safe for the time being.

tsmithae

Quote from: Devil on June 21, 2011, 10:06:29 AM

There is three yards I know of in Wisconsin that you might be speaking of.... It doesn't happen to have a 71 Challenger R/T sitting out there.  I believe it was purple?

And yea, it is sad.  He does sell stuff, but just locally.  Doesn't have a computer, doesn't want to deal with shipping.  His wife is Mopar nut as well, so I think they are safe for the time being.

Would anyone be willing to clue me in on locations of any of these yards? 
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0