News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Power steering pump on a 318

Started by mopar0166, May 05, 2011, 07:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

Can i put a power steering pump from a 68 440 on a 86 318 ? 

the 86 pump failed and the pulley is bent.  i got the new pump but the pulley is hard to find. But i do have a good 440 PS pump from my 440 I'm building.  If this cant work, does anyone know where i can get a v belt pulley that will fit a fenco rebuilt pump for a 86 dodge d 100? 

kinda a lot to ask for but I'm hoping someone might know    thanks again !

Cooter

As far as I know, if the pumps are the same all you need to do is swap the Brackets to the SB units and it should work. Most go the other way though and try to get a SB pump on a BB...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mopar0166

OK thats good news, i wanted to see if i could mount the older power steering pump to a later mid 80's mounts sounds like it is a yes.  Hopefully it goes as easily as it sounds

mopar0166

after looking on the internet it looks like wha tis on there now is a saginaw and the one i might have from the 440 is athompson, are they inchangable onthe mounts at all?  do they all work on the same mounts ?

68RED4SPEED

Heres mine 68 now the pump has BB bracket just replaced them cause the car had a 318 from 1982 until now.
Sven