News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else have simple things make them feel less than brilliant.

Started by 67440chrg, May 03, 2011, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67440chrg

I pulled my intake to fix a small oil leak. Cabinet blasted,painted and reinstalled it.I added new plugs gaped them at .0048 for my MSD ignition. Started the car it ran rough at idle fine at higher rpm.  It took me 4 dang hours to think to pull the dist cap. My old plugs were gaped at .0035 my rotor was carroded and worked with the less gap. New rotor and she runs great now. I was looking for vac leaks and everything else at first. My IQ felt pretty low for a while.

bobs66440

If I had a dollar for every time I chased a problem only to find it was something simple...I could afford to have someone else chase it next time!  :lol:
Don't feel bad, we all do it...it's called learning  :2thumbs: The important thing is you fixed it! :icon_smile_wink:

moparguy01

No. I've had that happen to me..................................................................................that I'm willing to admit. :lol:

SRT-68

Dude, I failed on national television trying to get the Overhaulin' Challenger started with 9 sleepy, tatooed and pissed off builders around me. I didn't have the electronic distributor plugged in.   :slap:  Live and learn.

1968_Charger

i run into that kind of stuff all the time. but one question, whats a rotter?   :smilielol:

DC_1

According to the dictionary:

rot·ter (rŏtˈər)

noun
Chiefly British Slang
A scoundrel.

:D

ChgrSteve67

I thought I had a lifter going bad in my Charger and after replacing all of them on the passanger side of the motor I figured out I was missing two nuts on the exhaust manifold and the ticking was just an exhaust leak.

bobs66440

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 04, 2011, 10:16:52 AM
I thought I had a lifter going bad in my Charger and after replacing all of them on the passanger side of the motor I figured out I was missing two nuts on the exhaust manifold and the ticking was just an exhaust leak.
:eek2:

41husk

I have done hundrets of stupid things, but only after looking for a tool for at least 45 minutes, thats right under my nose :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Kern Dog

How did CARROTS get into the distributor?
Did you mean Corroded? ( As in Corrosion)

twodko

Come on! Carrots are mostly water hence an excellent conductor in the dist. You just have to be careful slicing 'em to size. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ChgrSteve67

One type-o around here and your hung upside down and beat into unconsciousness with an organic carrot.

bobs66440

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 05, 2011, 12:28:24 PM
One type around here and your hung upside down and beat into unconsciousness with an organic carrot.
Organic is healthier!   :icon_smile_wink:

quadram4

I just did the epitomy of stupidity, I ntotally redi my complete interior, plus all new bulbs through out, hokking up the battery, I blew the stoplight fuse, well after blowing about 6 fuses and disconnecting everything, only thing left was the console lights, but cldnt figure out what went wrong, so I pull out the console bulbs and immediatly seen single pole bulbs in the double pole sockets, put the old bulbs back in no more blown fuses! I got the #89 out of the service manual, but the take 90s, I felt like such an idiot!!!!!!
Hungry Dago

67440chrg

You just like to see me go back and change my spelling. Don't worry I have thick skin I have ben maried twice so I know I am not perfect.

Lost Sheep

The other day I tried to wake my 68 up after a long winter. Wouldn't start, put battery on charger all day and still nothing.....forgot to clean the terminals.
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

dkn1997

I recently tuned up my 02 Tahoe.  plugs/wires/air filter bla bla bla.  within a week It develops a "tick" first I thought exhaust leak, but no it's coming from the engine.  I was looking for crate motors and just generally miserable.... then I decided to take a fresh look at it.  All I'll say is that 7 out of 8 may be close enough for horse shoes and hand grenades, but not when it comes to tightening plugs
RECHRGED

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 67440chrg on May 05, 2011, 03:37:15 PM
You just like to see me go back and change my spelling. Don't worry I have thick skin I have ben maried twice so I know I am not perfect.

If you used the Firefox browser it would put red squiggly lines under misspelled words (like shown below) saving you grief from the grammar police.   You right click the misspelled words & a menu pops up showing different takes on the spelling, click on the correct one. 

Carrots?  You're on your own.    ;)

ChgrSteve67

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ChgrSteve67

This is a tough crowd but still easier to deal with than the MOPARTs crowd.

Most of the time we are just a bunch of smart asses.

Road Dog

Once filled the car up with Diesel Fuel. :eek2: I knew what I had done when the foam came up the filler tube. :o
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

400/6/PAC

bobs66440

suntech

QuoteI have ben maried twice so I know I am not perfect.

You mean you have been TOLD you are not perfect!!  :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!