News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It just died

Started by ChargerSG, May 01, 2011, 10:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

To make a long story short had a bad ignitionswitch on my 69 Trackpack RT/SE, i changed it and it worked just fine so i did drive it some and a few days ago i went for a longer trip and it started to rain and in the middle of everything the Charger just died :brickwall: On the spot i tried everthing, another battery(allways have one in the trunk) change fuses and last did a power to coil. When i did the power to coil it did crank but it dident start.
The most annoying thing is that the lamp when you open the door and the one in the console lights up but when you turn the key they just dies.
So is the new ignitionswitch bad or do i have another fault?
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

70charginglizard

did you try by passing the ignition with a bypass wire from battery to the driver side connection of the ballast resistor? Do that. If it starts then you've defiantly got something going on with that blue/white ignition wire somewhere. Try reaching your hand up and joggling the main dash harness connection up at the bulkhead connector. That is where my infamous ignition short was at.
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

ever figure this one out SG?

just curious.
70charginglizard

ChargerSG

Just hand a short moment at it, i will surly try the bypass from battery.
But the sick thing is that right out of the blue last week it did crank for a few seconds and them went dead again, i must just find time to do it(away working allot)
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166