News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what your wife,girlfriend...

Started by cavemanno1, April 30, 2011, 08:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

my wife lets me do what i want but has lost the interest in the charger and having fun with it.  maybe she will turn around once it has a/c

hemi68charger

My wife Kim has been awesome about it from the beginning.. We even had "Mopar" in our wedding vows... They went something like this:

Me: "I will love, honor and cherish you and the boys (she had two sons already) and foresake all others, including my Mopars"

Her: "I will love, honor and cherish you, and never make you sell your Mopars"

Of course, her complete family side of the church during that didn't have a clue and I heard whispers of "What's a Mopar?". Of course, my side of the church during that broke up in laughter..

So, in the spirit of Bill Murray's character Carl reference to the Dalai Lama, "So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Again, she's very supportive and been a real trooper about it. Of course, on my end, I don't spend a lot of money on them when we don't have extra disposable income and if of recent, it's come from the selling of parts (after all, I collected all of them over the years for a reason, right?)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Kern Dog

My first wife was fat and stupid. She once said..."You love your car more than you love me..."
Yeah, it was only a Camaro, but that fat hog was onto something. The car did what I wanted. The car didnt cost me as much to feed. The car weighed less.
I married again, and I knew she was right for me when she was fully behind the idea of the purchase of my 70 Charger. As I spent MORE and MORE, I heard ZERO complaints, ZERO bitching and PLENTY of nice words. I paid $1700 for a running 318 Charger 500 and have nearly $28,000 in it to date. STILL no regrets. Great, supportive woman that is neither fat NOR stupid. They exist. GO find one.

bill440rt

My '70 Charger was our wedding chariot for our wedding. Took it to the church, and then to the reception afterwards. I kept my truck & enclosed trailer at our hotel we were staying at that night. So, after the reception she's out there in the hotel parking lot in a white wedding dress and all guiding me & the Charger inside the trailer. Although I already knew it beforehand, I knew I made the right choice right there.

When I brought the '69 home, she looked at this rusted pile of mess & said, "Huh, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be." Only time she got a little mad was towards the end of completing that car, when she found out how much the sound system cost (went a little overboard).
She might not be out there busting knuckles or packing wheel bearings, but she understands how important the cars are to me & is at least supportive of my hobby.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparstuart

MY WIFE hates my cars and the minute i die they will all be up for sale
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chad L. Magee

I don't have either to worry about.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

WB General Lee

Good that you got rid of that fat girl but not to make anyone feel bad,  I am single and loving it!  I buy whatever I want and noone can say a thing. My brothers and friends on the other hand sold all their toys:(

68X426

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 09, 2011, 12:19:25 AM
My first wife was fat and stupid...... Yeah, it was only a Camaro,

Wow, two poor decisions so early in life. Good that you remedied both. :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

Quote from: moparstuart on May 09, 2011, 10:18:17 AM

So when a For Sale sign mysteriously appears on one of them you know it's your last day.  :eek2:

Man I would love to mess with your head and pull a prank, if only I was in Kansas. :lol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparstuart

Quote from: 68X426 on May 09, 2011, 01:56:24 PM

So when a For Sale sign mysteriously appears on one of them you know it's your last day.  :eek2:

Man I would love to mess with your head and pull a prank, if only I was in Kansas. :lol:

between her and the kid they have me killed off and them all devide up or sold  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 09, 2011, 12:19:25 AM
My first wife was fat and stupid. She once said..."You love your car more than you love me..."
Yeah, it was only a Camaro, but that fat hog was onto something. The car did what I wanted. The car didnt cost me as much to feed. The car weighed less.
I married again, and I knew she was right for me when she was fully behind the idea of the purchase of my 70 Charger. As I spent MORE and MORE, I heard ZERO complaints, ZERO bitching and PLENTY of nice words. I paid $1700 for a running 318 Charger 500 and have nearly $28,000 in it to date. STILL no regrets. Great, supportive woman that is neither fat NOR stupid. They exist. GO find one.

:smilielol:

elanmars

well, maybe before that time, if you want to put in the will that you'd gladly donate some of the cars to good homes, i'm sure there'd be plenty of people that would be more than happy to give the cars a good, loving home.
;D
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

rp23g7

What does my wife think about my Charger (Coronet)?   As long as her 41 Chrysler is running and looking good, i can work on the Bee.

ACUDANUT

rp23g7

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 09, 2011, 08:18:08 PM
Whaaatttt, no charger  :brickwall:

My wife learned to drive in a 66 Charger, their family car.  Wishing you have a Charger counts right?

UH60L

My wife tried to find a '69 charger to buy me while I was overseas, but had no luck.  Now that we have a '69, she actually helped me build the 440.  She says she wants onf of her own, to drive to car shows with me.

Arigmaster

My Ex hated the car but only for one reason... "It wasn't hers." And Ex is an Ex for a reason.

elacruze

I had my Charger before my girl, she considers it a part of me and loves it just the same.

She would probably have liked to get the house remodeled instead of restoring the car, but never complains and loves to be in it; she's looking forward to learning to drive it.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

68blue

I think mine will become more interested when the project is complete, it's still a lot of parts but they are looking more like a car.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Wife doesn't care what I play with in the garage... I am blessed  :2thumbs:

freddyd02

My GF (hand) is totally fine with the car.. even lends a helping hand  :coocoo:

freddyd02

Im hoping when my cars complete this chick will want to date me  :drool5:

TK73

Looks like she's practicing to "wax on, wax off"...   :D
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

WB General Lee

Where does she live? I think I went out with her yesterday:)

stripedelete

She will.  But the car has to be absolutley finished and correct.