News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

nose cone

Started by panhead, April 27, 2011, 08:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

Quote from: pettybird on May 16, 2011, 01:01:44 PM
I am completely jealous of your skill set.

Me too!  Great work there Panhead.  I had no clue of all the gentle little curves and bends that are in this part.   :cheers:
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

panhead

The Gods  :angel:  has graced me with a real wing car. Can't ask for a better thing to copy off of!!!!  :2thumbs:
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

moparstuart

please take good care of my car while its there .    JR is awesome for letting you borrow it

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

panhead

Yes he is !!!  And I'll take good care of it..
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Got some more stuff done today. The nose is bolted down and so is the valance. I've noticed that my left park lamp mounting bracket is off little.  :brickwall: 
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

And some more...
69' Dodge Charger 500

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  nice grille frame   

panhead

Ya, It's cool. But, not as cool as yours  :D
69' Dodge Charger 500

Magnumcharger

That shot from the engine compartment looking forward is a view I've never seen before - anywhere!
I like!

It also graphically illustrates the limited area for air flow to the radiator!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

randr

looks great! does grill opening angle down in middle? or does it just look like it? fantastic job! damn you!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:
I'm Bored! what to do next......

panhead

Yes the grill does have a slite angle in the middle. The center is the low spot and angles up to the outter edges just a little. Thanks for the kind words :yesnod:
69' Dodge Charger 500

randr

well it looks great! did you make your own valance as well?

panhead

Yes, I used a Janeks valance to copy off of. I made it out of 18gauge. I get one from E. Nelson and well thats all I'll say about that.
69' Dodge Charger 500

randr

Thanks! wish i had a daytona to use like you! cannot wait to see yours finished! what color you doing?

erics valance was "ok"...just needed some "adjusting"  :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: randr on July 05, 2011, 08:11:05 PM
Thanks! wish i had a daytona to use like you! cannot wait to see yours finished! what color you doing?

erics valance was "ok"...just needed some "adjusting"  :icon_smile_big:

Maybe yours was!!! The adjusting mine needed was to remove and replace parts and pieces with better stuff from Dayclona.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

randr

I did remove both ends..."adjusted" and re attached!

panhead

My color is going to be silver with a black stripe and interior. Nelsons's is to thin for me. It's like 24 or 22 gauge and don't have the right radius were it bolts to the fenders. His is flat.
69' Dodge Charger 500

moparstuart

Quote from: panhead on July 06, 2011, 10:50:24 AM
My color is going to be silver with a black stripe and interior. Nelsons's is to thin for me. It's like 24 or 22 gauge and don't have the right radius were it bolts to the fenders. His is flat.
waynes  silver car   this is the car with the gene gregory nose on it that has the grille frame opening thats a 1/2 inch to small .

moparstuart

it got a gregory nose in the late 80's because he hit a deer

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on July 06, 2011, 11:29:15 AM

I hate that picture. The Daytona looks white in the pic and it gives me nightmares.  :brickwall:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 06, 2011, 02:33:20 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 06, 2011, 11:29:15 AM

I hate that picture. The Daytona looks white in the pic and it gives me nightmares.  :brickwall:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :nana: :nana: :nana:  glad i could help out , recall wheels too   :lol:
   you think you get nightmares wayne again hit another deer with his hemi car a couple years ago and a motor cycle hit him 10 years ago

panhead

I like that silver and black paint scheme.  :icon_smile_big:
69' Dodge Charger 500

Patronus

:iagree: but the nose looks a 1/2" too small too  :hah:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

randr

Does your hood have reinforcement ribs removed by latch? Mine hit Erics latch tray! can't stop watching this thread!

DAY CLONA

Quotewaynes  silver car   this is the car with the gene gregory nose on it that has the grille frame opening thats a 1/2 inch to small .

That's odd?,....I wonder if Gene Gregory copied an NOS nosecone,...as I've had requests over the years to make "custom" Tona/Superbird grille frames to fit NOS nosecones were the opening is either distorted/shaped differently, or smaller or larger in "stock" deminsions, seems like it's the guys that have or copy NOS (line reject) nosecones end up with an abnormal honker,....I know Ted Janek molded off an NOS cone when he made his fiberglass offering, that's why the passenger side fender mating edge deminsion is larger, causing it to hang lower on the passenger side, don't know if he has corrected that?.....I'd think the crew of 16 men making nosecones back in day, ALL DAY, DAY AFTER DAY, made quite a few mistakes,....must have been brutal

Mike