News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you have a PS3, you better read this....

Started by TruckDriver, April 26, 2011, 10:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Sony PlayStation suffers massive data breach

http://www.fox6now.com/business/sns-rt-net-us-sony-stoldentre73p6wb-20110426,0,3240080.story

Sony suffered a massive breach in its video game online network that led to the theft of names, addresses and possibly credit card data belonging to 77 million user accounts in what is one of the largest-ever Internet security break-ins.

Sony learned that user information had been stolen from its PlayStation Network seven days ago, prompting it to shut down the network immediately. But Sony did not tell the public until Tuesday.

More on the link above.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

my73charger

Well that explains why the website has been shut down.  My son has been trying to download a free game that came with his new PS3.

bull

Jimmy Kimmel called this computer hack job the worst kind of nerd on nerd crime he's ever seen.

Khyron

Quote from: bull on April 28, 2011, 04:20:07 AM
Jimmy Kimmel called this computer hack job the worst kind of nerd on nerd crime he's ever seen.

NICE!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Arthu®

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of intel given by Sony on the matter. Which data was accessed, was the credit card data i.e. encrypted (and if so, how?). What is the likelihood that they have their hands on information that can exploit these credit cards. Some people are saying that they have a database of 2.2 million credit card user of PSN and they are offering it for sale. The above article talks rubbish with regards to product innovativeness being part of the problem here. Databases are separate of the front end that they use (the innovative part) and there is well established documentation on how to secure these and what to secure.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

ChgrSteve67

Why do people rob banks?  because thats where the money is. 
Will always be the same with companies that store credit card info. Hackers will always find a way to steal it reguardless of the security measures in place.

Arthu®

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 29, 2011, 10:58:17 AM
Why do people rob banks?  because thats where the money is. 
Will always be the same with companies that store credit card info. Hackers will always find a way to steal it reguardless of the security measures in place.

True, but you should make it as hard as possible. Word is that it wasn't.
Striving for world domination since 1986