News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1st oil change coming up! Help

Started by buckeyecharger, April 25, 2011, 02:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckeyecharger

I bought a 69 charger with its original 383 that was rebuilt to .40 over. It has less than 100 miles on the rebuild. I bought it this last winter and have not driven it on the road yet, but I start it every week or so. I am going to change the oil (it still has the break in oil in it). I am not sure what cam is in it, but its not real exotic.

Here's the question????? What oil should I go with??? With all the posts on new oils and certain cams, I am pretty nervous about what to choose. I have read a little about Z-alt (20w-50) and I am leaning towards using it.

What do you think???

Thanks!

FLG

Z-Alt is fine, have heard good things and a few members run it

:2thumbs:

I used Joe Gibbs for my 440 break in and that worked fine.

Chryco Psycho

Z Alt is good oil , it costs more but so does replacing a cam , the oil is far cheaper

1969chargerrtse

I use Valvoline 20/50 VR1 racing oil with zinc in it.  Been 3 years, cars still runs.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

firefighter3931

Brad Penn racing 20/50....excellent oil with lots of EP additives.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs