News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Random rare '69 RT/SE pics

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, April 20, 2011, 01:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Lord Warlock on March 31, 2016, 02:23:06 PM
it was tinted from factory with the AC option. 

:2thumbs:   :popcrn:  Hope you are getting your drives in.  Your color and cars option are very interesting and unique for sure.  There is a satellite near me that has a really nice paint job with it and I think it is quite striking....  Thanks, for clarification on the V21 and yes they do look goooood.

Lord Warlock

still at the shop, they haven't gotten to it yet, was told they'd need two weeks before they got to it, but I kept it a week before having it towed up there, so haven't got any drives yet.   But hoping it gets done by mid April.  When I got it in the late 70s it looked classy, like an adult picked it out but it wasn't wicked looking like a black one or one of the louder paint colors of the era.  Cream wasn't that popular back then, but looked sharp to me, never knew it was rare when I got it, only after decades of car shows did I realize just how rare it actually was.  As I understand it, the v21 option only came available till about 6 months into the model year, so wasn't an option for early buyers of RT SE's.  I think the black RT stripe on rear kind of stands out and makes the car look unbalanced, even more so when I added magnum 500s, the V21 makes it look balanced.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

igozumn

My first '69 Charger was light green and someone had painted the v21 on it.  With the dark/black top, black stripe and self darrrk tinted windows, the hood treatment really set it off.  Your 17" Magnums look good on it.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: triple_green on April 22, 2013, 09:17:47 PM
My old 69 R/T SE

Dang, add rocker molding and a 4-spd and that could be  sister to mine.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

ChargerSG

My is a 1969 RT/SE track pac Charger , got it all fendertag and so on but its non matching since a moran 2 owners back took the dana, engine and tranny to a build :brickwall: and refuse to sell then even thou his build is been on halt since 10 years :brickwall: just to know that he has them just laying there in his garage...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: ChargerSG on May 25, 2016, 09:47:59 AM
My is a 1969 RT/SE track pac Charger , got it all fendertag and so on but its non matching since a moran 2 owners back took the dana, engine and tranny to a build :brickwall: and refuse to sell then even thou his build is been on halt since 10 years :brickwall: just to know that he has them just laying there in his garage...

If he hasn't done anything to it, find another driveline like what he has and offer to trade. The value of your car with numbers matching driveline will far out weigh the value of buying that stuff retail and trading him for it.

:Twocents:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

ws23rt

Quote from: DixieRestoParts on May 25, 2016, 05:20:22 PM
Quote from: ChargerSG on May 25, 2016, 09:47:59 AM

If he hasn't done anything to it, find another driveline like what he has and offer to trade. The value of your car with numbers matching driveline will far out weigh the value of buying that stuff retail and trading him for it.

:Twocents:

I agree.  Also if this guy has fallen down some in his project maybe your help with motivation will get him off his pot. If you help him he might help you.  

Sometimes a deal made is not all about $$$. :cheers:

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 26, 2016, 10:39:08 AM
Our '69 R/T SE
440/Auto Column/Buckets W-Buddy
One exterior only repaint back in the early 80's, otherwise all original, even the damn exhaust system is still factory original(good shape), points dizzy etc.etc., 100% numbers, Tag/B-Sheet etc., all there.
Still runs excellent at 135K miles, no smoke, everything works as it should, very tight and quiet to drive, tinted glass, S15 Suspension, Really GOOD power.

I really LIKE this Car ?
Unfortunately, I am just scared to drive it much for fear of racking up the mileage, denigrating it's condition, then needing to work on it and start having to change/rebuild stuff from original ?

(sung to van Halen/David Lee Roth... "just a gigolo")
I'm just a Jan-I-tor....
everywhere I go....
people know the part I'm playing...
Wait...is this a for sale ad? :icon_smile_big:

Beautiful Charger, thanks for showing it off. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ws23rt

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 26, 2016, 10:39:08 AM
Our '69 R/T SE
440/Auto Column/Buckets W-Buddy
One exterior only repaint back in the early 80's, otherwise all original, even the damn exhaust system is still factory original(good shape), points dizzy etc.etc., 100% numbers, Tag/B-Sheet etc., all there.
Still runs excellent at 135K miles, no smoke, everything works as it should, very tight and quiet to drive, tinted glass, S15 Suspension, Really GOOD power.

I really LIKE this Car ?
Unfortunately, I am just scared to drive it much for fear of racking up the mileage, denigrating it's condition, then needing to work on it and start having to change/rebuild stuff from original ?

Humm--The down side of owning a really nice car. :slap:

I know this well with it's how I feel about my Hemi coronet.  It's what I wanted from my days when it was new.  Now it's so rare and in such original condition that I feel restricted from driving it like I would have in it's (and my) day. :cheers:

Old Moparz

Someone I know owns this car, another RT/SE, triple green, automatic, console, A/C car that was converted nicely to a 4-speed. I first saw it around 1990 when my friend first showed it to me. He said it was his first car when he got his license in the late 70's & held onto it. It was parked in his yard in the mid 1980's when something grenaded & has been off the road ever since. He finally decided to sell it in the mid to late 1990's & told me about it, but I couldn't buy it for two reasons.

One, he was afraid I'd make that Charger convertible & had planned.  :lol: And two, I had no interest because of what this rot box needed. When I first saw it in 1990 it needed EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF METAL REPLACED including the frame rails & the roof.   :o

Another mutual friend bought it, said he was going to restore it to it's original condition & parked it at another friend's house where you see it in this photo. When he said original condition we thought he meant when it was new but I think he really meant before it was mined & was still ore.  :smilielol:

It's still there today.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn: :cheers:  RTSEs

A4 silver with green interior is interesting and quite a departure from bulk of charger (and RTSEs). 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,125171.0.html

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn: :popcrn:
I can't help... but helping my favorite thread.  How wonderful the owner thought enough of it to continue (or do nothing option) depending on how you look at it not kicking outside even 10 yrs ago.  Regardless of repaint, one of the nicest (mostly with repaint) original RTSEs I can recall in a very long time.  And rare B3 to boot.... neat color combo.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,125481.0.html

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29LA47V21

Deserving of this thread.....  :popcrn::drool5:

Very interesting black RTSE with blue interior. 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,128249.0.html

JesseJames78

Quote from: six-tee-nine on April 20, 2011, 01:55:28 PM
HUH...........
AC, sunroof, power windows, tic-toc-tach, stripe delete, optional wheels, special color vinyl top...... and yet NO console?  :image_294343: :image_294343: :image_294343:

Is the CRT on the fender tag for the special color vinyl top?

tan top

Quote from: JesseJames78 on April 04, 2017, 10:39:57 AM
Quote from: six-tee-nine on April 20, 2011, 01:55:28 PM
HUH...........
AC, sunroof, power windows, tic-toc-tach, stripe delete, optional wheels, special color vinyl top...... and yet NO console?  :image_294343: :image_294343: :image_294343:

Is the CRT on the fender tag for the special color vinyl top?

CRT =  Vinyl / leather front bucket seats , T = tan color    SE option , part of the A47 package  

pictures below from Barrys awesome web site :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

sdweatherman

OK time to post up a few rare 69 R/T SE's that have a big hole in the roof. Here are the three that have made the thread so far...

Number 1 - The car that started this thread - owned by a collector in Alberta - a very unique survivor.
Number 2 - Owned at one time by member moparmark - now its home is in Florida.
Number 3 - Owned by the same guy for many years in Texas - finally changed hands locally just a year or two ago. Needs a little work.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

sdweatherman

There were approximately 29 R/T SE sunroof cars produced by Ma Mopar in 1969. With a number that small - you would expect that each one would be fairly unique. For the most part - the ones I have run across are with a couple of exceptions. This first pair of Y2/Black/Black cars are pretty close with a few exceptions - wheel selection - power windows - and likely a few other items - but very close.

Number 4 - Car was owned back in the 80s/early90s by two different members here on DC.com - They can chime in if they want. It was purchased by an individual from the northern Rockies area and has remained under the radar since then.

Number 5 - This car was purchased new through a dealer in Rocky Mountain House in Alberta. The owner drove it for a couple of years, then traded it in. After a few more years, it was traded back in at Carter's Garage, and then sold out of the area. Somehow the paperwork got lost on this last sale, so the original owner could not track it down. The original owner has since passed - but his son would love to know if the car still exists (so would I).

sdweatherman

Number 6 - This Y4 R/T SE sunroof car was just released from a long slumber in a garage within the last couple of years. Sean is now cruising this car through several shows in California.

Edit - Forgot to mention that this car is the only known R/T SE sunroof that has the A32 Super Performance Axle Package - Torqueflite with 4.10 Dana.

sdweatherman

Number 7 - The only Canadian Spec sunroof 69 that I have come across so far - hails from 1984 Saskatchewan. That is where the history begins on this R4 Red/Black/Black beauty - a rough history with the engine blown and faded paint. A period correct engine was installed and the paint was redone in the mid 90s. Nothing else major has been changed on the car to date - except for a couple of new owners.

Number 8 - This car showed up on eBay around 2010 - and eventually landed into a Colorado owners hand. Another Y2 Yellow car - this one has a green top and green interior. It is currently undergoing a thorough restoration at a top notch shop.

sdweatherman

Number 9 - This loaded triple black sunroof car may have gone the way of the dodo. In New Orleans when hurricane Katrina hit - then sold in early 2006 with it's #'s matching block, and went to Michigan. Then it was on eBay 2-3 times, and finally sold to someone in the mid-west. A triple black sunroof Charger was lost in an Arson fire in this general location several years back - they may have been one in the same car. If anyone knows differently, I sure would like to know.

sdweatherman

Speaking of triple black R/T SE sunroof Chargers, these two take the prize for being the most similar so far. What's scary is they are both rusty projects with no drive trains - and both reside in the very same New England state! I don't have any pics of these cars yet, but here is how the fender tags are laid out:

Number 10 - Power drum brakes.
Number 11 - Power disc brakes.