News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If Dodge had never made the Charger would you still be a Mopar fan?

Started by Ghoste, April 20, 2011, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Dodge had never made the Charger, would you have still become a Mopar fan?

Yes
73 (83.9%)
No
14 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

PocketThunder

rode home from the hospital when i was born in a 1973 Road Runner...    :punkrocka:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

E5 Charger

Yes! Except for a 70 Chevelle, I've only owned Chrysler products.

Dans 68

Nope. The Charger is what did it (introduced me to this site and Mopars) for me.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69bronzeT5

Hard to say really. I got into Mopars because of the Dukes of Hazzard and the '69 Charger. So like I said, it's really hard for me to say :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Kern Dog

Absolutely.
I've owned  One E body, One C body and One B body but.....23 A body cars. I love the Charger, I thank the Dukes for that. I had several Darts and Dusters before I was able to finally get my b body.

F8-4life

Even without chargers I'd still probably be into mopars... but honestly the Charger is the cream of the crop and without it a significant part of the mopar lust would be gone/missing.

TiMopar

Ghoste, that is a really good question, and my honest answer would be no.

SRT-68

For me it was the engines and the the early drag cars that made me Mopar. I built plastic models as a kid and would make them altered wheelbase with 392 hemis out of dragster models.  When I was 16 I was going to buy a '67 El Camino from the bike shop where I worked. I tried to get it running and I remember that the distributor had been taken out and the manifold removed. I suffered for weeks on this car and then the owner sold it to another guy for parts. At that very same time a '70 Road Runner was for sale by my house and I bought it. It was a 383 4 speed car and till this day I remember thinking how smart it was to have the distributor up front and angled towards the side. Within a few weeks I had the car running and although it was a POS it was the simple, functional design of the car that made me a fan for life.

I will drive a pink K-car before I would ever drive a Chevy.

Polygon

Yes, because I got to drive a 70 RoadRunner, back in the day.....and what a fun ride it was......
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

mpdlawdog

I hate to say this but I was always a chevy fan....(68 camaro convertible and a 69 ss).  I lost the convertible in a divorce.  I finally got back on my feet and could afford another muscle car.  I met a friend who has a 71 challenger 6 pack car.  He ownes a muscle car/repair shop called wilkerson auto here in marysville.  He had a 68 charger (black with black interior and white stripes) he was working on.  I drove by it everyday while he was working on it...it was love at first site.  He finally took me for a ride (my first in a charger).  Loved every second..then took me for a ride in the lambo.  By far the fastest car I have ever been in....when we got back I wanted another ride in the charger!!  I guess you could say I hooked from that point!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

ODZKing

resq302

Its hard to say.  My favorite, dream car, was the 1969 Charger but there were also a lot of other body designs I like too.  My moms 70 Chally vert, the dodge Rampage, Chrysler Conquest TSi, etc.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

WHITE AND RED 69

I will always be a mopar fan, if there was no charger my next choice would be a 70 challenger or 70 roadrunner. I still like other chevys and fords but my top 5 cars are all mopars.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

69charger2002

Very interesting question. My family was all chevy growing up. I bleed all mopar now, so the answer now would be obvious for 2011. I think back to 1997 when i got my first charger... chargers got me into mopars, thanks to DOH and DMCL etc. In 1997 i didn't even look at other mopars much or know anything about them. i knew 69 superbees looked "kinda like a 68-70 charger" but that was the extent of it. seemed like a wanna-bee car.. Even 70 chargers looked weird to me at first. If it hadn't been for a 69 charger being produced, i can't honestly say if i would have still eventually gotten into mopars. Sadly i don't think i would have.. don't get me wrong,  i would still think challengers and cudas and roadrunners were cool, just like i currently think 69 mustang fastbacks, 69 camaros, and 70 chevelles are cool. but i don't own them.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

vancamp

yeah i have been a road runner junkie since i was a kid had 3 69s and a 71 before ended up with my current charger.

BIGBLCK11

Definitely.  :yesnod:  I almost bought a 69 Superbee instead of my Charger.  May have, if it wasn't 21hrs away, the Charger was only 14.  Would love a 69 Road Runner or Barracuda too.  The Charger is still my favorite, so I made the right purchase.

68 RT

If you are basing being a Mopar fan on one car, then you are not a Mopar fan anyways. Kinda like the guys that wear mopar or no car shirts on the  weekend, but then hop into there toyota on Monday morning to go to work.  :shruggy:

Al

68 Charger, the stuff dreams are made off, other mopars come far behind (well 70 'cuda is quite a car too)
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

Silver R/T

There's many great Mopars: Challengers, Cudas, Road Runners, Satellites, etc.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

LUMI

challenger70

Probably, the Challenger is what got me fascinated with Mopars to begin with. :2thumbs:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

DustinSimmonds

I probably wouldn't be as passionate as I am now. I would have just admired Mopar from a far, the Charger was what got me interested in cars in the first place.

russg

For sure.  Love my current Hemi, much faster than my old 383... at least as good as I could ever get the old one tuned anyway

By russg at 2010-11-25
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

mopar0166

My second choice has always been a cuda, and maybe one day but for now im extremely happy with my charger and all its corks that it sometimes presents.  For thats part of the fun of owning a classic car, to turn those wrenches and relax .   :cheers:

PrisonHack

The 2nd generation Charger is it for me, don't own one but it's why I hang around you guys that do and drool over your restoration threads LOL :icon_smile_big: Always been into Mustangs, but I fell in love with the big orange car on TV long before I knew what Mopar even was.  Still dream of owning a 68-69 charger (not really interested in one wearing the GL uniform anymore) I really don't care for the 70 models, that big chrome grill surround doesn't do it for me.  Who knows what time will bring though, I remember thinking the 1st generation Chargers were hideously ugly but now I am kinda fond of them.