News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 A01 option pieces/parts

Started by BananaDan, April 18, 2011, 10:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Ok all, I need to call in the big guns and need some help and verification as my time is running out for when I need to get my car wrapped up and now is the best time to get this stuff installed while I have the dash open and apart.  I have been trying to piece together an A01 option kit for my car and here is what I have so far, and what I know of that I need.  Please let me know if I'm missing any pieces, or if anything looks wrong or out of place.

Harnesses:
-Maplight harness (Picture 1 - yellow/pink harness)  HAVE
-Maplight fixture  (Picture 3)  HAVE
-Glovebox light switch/harness (Picture 1 - pink harness)  HAVE
-Ashtray light harness  (Picture 1 - orange harness)  HAVE
-Key light harness  (Picture 2 - yellow and metal canister/stem)  HAVE
-Trunk light harness/switch  (Picture 4 - thanks to TX9 Bill from another post)  HAVE
-Hood signal indicators  (Not pictured)  NEED, BUT NOT RIGHT NOW
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BananaDan

RELAYS:
-Key buzzer relay  (Picture 1)  HAVE
-Headlamp delay relay  (Picture 2)  HAVE
-Ignition light relay  (Picture 3)  HAVE

Where do the bottom two light relays get installed?  I see them on my wiring diagrams, but I don't see connectors for them on my dash harness, or any of the A01 harnesses I've acquired so far.  I see the connector on the dash harness for the buzzer relay, I'm good there.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

poppa

The bottom cylinderical piece is the delay for the interior lights.
The first pic with the orange wire and metal light housing is for the ash tray I believe.
The key light is attached to a circle and mounts right on the ignition switch.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

poppa

Scratch the key light.Just saw this is a 70.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

BananaDan

Quote from: poppa on April 19, 2011, 06:25:53 PM
The bottom cylinderical piece is the delay for the interior lights.
The first pic with the orange wire and metal light housing is for the ash tray I believe.
The key light is attached to a circle and mounts right on the ignition switch.
Thanks Poppa, I got those.   :2thumbs:

70charginglizard

I just love all the piggyback connection on the back of the fuse box you get to deal with when you get the A01 package.  :hah:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Classic :lol:
70charginglizard

BananaDan