News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Meet Sweden - Shipping Cars Overseas

Started by 68X426, April 18, 2011, 06:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

I just had a great time with my wife's Swedish relatives.  :cheers: They came for a visit with us in California. Just wonderful people. If they were living here they would the best friends and neighbors we could have. I learned about the Power Meet in their home town. I knew the Swedes were crazy for muscle cars but this is something else entirely.

So, what's it take to ship a classic car to and from Sweden. Anyone done this? Rough cost, insurance issues, government regs? One relative owns a Mercedes Truck dealership there. Any advantages to having a dealer in Sweden get involved in the handling?

Or should we just visit as tourists and enjoy their car culture?

Thanks, Dan.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Dan,

I have no real clue.
Check out www.bigmeet.com
Last year someone from Florida shipped over their Olds CV for the show. Maybe the organizers can get you in touch with them and they can forward you more details.

Carsten

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Arthu®

That would be quite the undertaking, would be cool if you did it though. Can imagine a lot of costs are involved though with shipping and handling. You would need some sort of declaration that you are not importing the car, otherwise you would probably need to pay taxes for it to come of the ship. Good luck, it is a cool plan.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986