News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2011 Charger R/T.....

Started by Rallyecharger, April 17, 2011, 09:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rallyecharger

Wife calls me up freaking out, just spotted a new Charger R/T cruzin around.......we already have a '10 Plum Crazy Challenger R/T but me thinks this might be the green light for a new Charger R/T :scratchchin:
I actually like the design, looks tougher than the last design.......I wonder if any cool colors are to be released on them ?

Ghoste

Right now it seems to just be the standard ones.  Haven't they just about used up all of the "nostalgia" colors for special editions?  Which of course doesn't mean that they can't do them again.

Brock Samson

the colors are limited right now due to the quake in Japan. The German Manuf. of the pigments used by many companies is in the Nuke Evac. zone, so now colors are limited to the whites blacks and grays and silver/charcoal with a few exceptions, a new vendor has been tapped, but is not up to speed yet. there are the few extra cost Speedline red, and Metallic Oranges and Blackberries that were produced before the quake. There will be special editions the "MOPAR 11" is the newest performance version, it's unclear it 1,000 or 500 will be produced.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger/mopar-2011-charger.html

From Allpar: Posted on April 8th, 2011 • by Bill Cawthon
The full palette of Chrysler colors may remain restricted until June. That's when Merck says its earthquake-damaged pigment plant in Onahama, Japan will be back on line. The plant is the only one in the world that produces Xirallic, a pigment used in a wide range of paint colors.

Phyllis Carter, a Merck company spokeswoman told Automotive News that repairs were started on Monday. She declined to give specifics about the damage but said radiation was not an issue. The plant, located southwest of Iwata, is 35 miles from the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plants.

The Merck spokeswoman also said the company plans to begin producing Xirallic at a facility in Germany in order to secure its ability to maintain production.

According to a memo from Steve Beahm, vice president of U.S. sales operations, Chrysler is restricting orders for brilliant black, blackberry, deep cherry red, redline, inferno red, bronze star, rugged brown, hunter green, ivory and billet metallic.

So to sum up: by the time the Paint choices are up to speed and the then painted cars are on the showroom floor, should be around the introduction of the '12 Models, this Yr. being abbreveated due to the late intro of the '11s and the early Intro. of the '12s.
   Edit: looking on the Canadian Dodge site and if you build and price a 2011 Challenger it is avilable in 3 colors only. White, Toxic Orange and Green with Envy. those last to are pretty HOT colors, maybe they're Avail. on the Charger too, the build your own function on the charger doesn't show them however.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Which makes almost any of the current year RT's produced in any color a limited edition in the grand scheme of things. :lol:
So there you go.

twodko

New Challengers are sweet, I want one. New "Chargers" are butt ugly. IMO
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Brock Samson

Here's a 25 Min. interview with Gilles on Dodge design, product and marketing...

http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/show/1516?play

Silver R/T

Bring me any car and I can paint it any color you desire. We can also slap any badge on it that your heart desires
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chatt69chgr

It's nearing time to get a new car for the wife.  She's been mentioning SUV's which I don't want (we are both in our 60's with no kids in the house).  Been looking at the new Charger.  We were out the other day and I had to drop by the Dodge place to pick up some touchup paint.  Ambled up to the showroom after that and they had a 2011 Charger in black.  Must say it looked pretty good.  She demands 4-doors.  After I got her to sit in the drivers seat I think her mind started to change.  The interior in black looks pretty good.  8.4-in touch screen has a display large enough to actually see the Garmin Navigation map.  They have a Road and Track option that gives you "upgraded suspension, brakes, engine controller".  I've not been able to determine what these upgrades are in actuality yet.  And the Road and Track appears to be the only option that has a 3.06 rear end ratio.  All the other models appear to have a 2.65.  I don't much like the crosshair grill.  Since I won't be able to order one until this fall due to the pearl paint availability issue maybe they will get rid of that.  Interestingly, the Road and Track option is the only one that has the red R/T badging on the grill even though they call several other models RT's. 
Now this car is certainly not in the same league looks wise with my 69 Charger or my 2009 Challenger.  But I think it would make a nice car for the wife----much safer than that old Toyota Camry she is driving now what with the extra weight and extra air bags, etc. 
If we end up buying one this fall, I'll report back on our impressions.

SRT-68

I got to drive The 2011 Charger, 300 and Durango at this years Spring Fest. It is an LX meet in Irvine. The Charger handled great and the interior was fantastic. 100% improvement over the "taxi cab" interiors we have had to live with.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 17, 2011, 11:04:19 AM
Here's a 25 Min. interview with Gilles on Dodge design, product and marketing...

http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/show/1516?play

why nobody ask about a 2 doors Charger ? isn't the panel aware about that demand OR ( our claim ) hasn't been that important ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

because "Challanger" is your two door LX, end of story.  :cheers:

Khyron

New look, old look, still looks like a bag of smashed A-holes to me :P

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

UH60L

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 21, 2011, 05:28:39 PM
because "Challanger" is your two door LX, end of story.  :cheers:

Gosh, you sound like you work for "Dodge".   Your opinion sucks, end of story.  :cheers: 

Hmm, yeah, bet you didn't like reading that, any more than people liked reading your post...........

The reallity is, if Dodge really wanted to do the right thing, they could end challenger production (ie making it a "limited run"), rename the four door something else such as coronet, and produce a true, two door retro dodge charger.

I know your gonna throw out all kinds of logistical bs about why they "can't" or "won't" or "shouldn't" do that, and some of it may even be factual, but the truth is, it IS possible to do without having "too many" of anything in the product line-up.

They (they being chrysler in general) know they made a mistake, but like most people, they have a hard time admitting it.  A recent video interview with designers and the fact that the 2011 sedan looks so much more like a charger is probably as close to an appology as we're gonna get.  But the fact remains, they could do it, if they wanted to.  But building a two door retro charger now would be a full on admission that they should have done it in the first place. 

I don't see that happening any time soon.  Though it's true the challenger exists in it's current form due to the hate generatedby the 2005/2006 sedan, it is still a challenger, not a charger. (not that there is anything wrong with a challenger, they are very cool...)

I can say this though, if they built the car many of us want, I'd buy one, and I know a lot of other people who would too.  I figure with the current state of affairs at Dodge, sometime in 2020 we might get one.  Hope I'm still alive then.

Brock Samson

Gosh, you sound like you work for "Dodge".   Your opinion sucks, end of story.  :cheers:  

Hmm, yeah, bet you didn't like reading that, any more than people liked reading your post...........

I am a huge fan of MOPAR since i was 9 and first learned what they were all about.
If you think you were attacked personally, again i say to you Sir............  :nana:   :lol: