News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Challanger video

Started by bad1032, January 06, 2006, 11:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in some of the DCX boardrooms -- really wonder how much of this is in reaction to, or at the very least, a result of the Charger backlash.

Like to see what other designs might have been on the table. Look at this in the background, looks like it might be basically another version of the Charger with more plastic to square off the front.

Look at the same '06 Charger angry frown buried in that grill....

Was something like this on the table around the same time as the Charger? ...and someone went... "Err..um... whoops."

FastbackJon

Thansk for the link, now I want to see a shaker hood and go-wing, oh and rallye gauges.

;D
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Paul G

That car will be awesome. I sure hope DCX leaves this one as it is. If so we will more than likely have one in the garage by 2009!
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

phat69charger

Hopefully they put the joke on us really really good and produce the Challenger early like 2007, because that would be the ultimate trick to pull on the other car Makers and have them jump out there ass trying to put out something new ahead of schedule, I'm sure the have the means to re-tool an assembly line faster than they did 35 years ago with all of the intergrated robotics they use now, and I would think that they made more than just one complete Concept Challenger, it wouldn't make sense to just make one and not have some backup's

Orange_Crush

Quote from: phat69charger on January 06, 2006, 09:35:32 PM
Hopefully they put the joke on us really really good and produce the Challenger early like 2007, because that would be the ultimate trick to pull on the other car Makers and have them jump out there ass trying to put out something new ahead of schedule, I'm sure the have the means to re-tool an assembly line faster than they did 35 years ago with all of the intergrated robotics they use now, and I would think that they made more than just one complete Concept Challenger, it wouldn't make sense to just make one and not have some backup's

Don't count on it.

1.  Brampton (the plant where they build all the LXs) is running at 100% capacity right now and its the only plant set up to build LXs.

2.  Chrysler is introducing seven new production models next year  so all the other plants will likely be running at or close to capacity.  it'll be tough to find room at any of them.

3.  The current LX platform won't accept a manual without serious mods so we will likely have to wait for the LY platform.

Chancer are, it'll be a 2008 model (if they build it).

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

phat69charger

:icon_smile_big: Thanks for the info Orange_Crush

FastbackJon

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 07, 2006, 12:34:50 AM
Don't count on it.

1.  Brampton (the plant where they build all the LXs) is running at 100% capacity right now and its the only plant set up to build LXs.

2.  Chrysler is introducing seven new production models next year  so all the other plants will likely be running at or close to capacity.  it'll be tough to find room at any of them.

3.  The current LX platform won't accept a manual without serious mods so we will likely have to wait for the LY platform.

Well the magnums (wagon and sedan versions) arn't selling as good as expected. Why not cut back on building some of those for the Challenger?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

ChargerSG

That car i could drive as a dailydriver:) But i cant belive it untill i see for sale...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

plum500

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 07, 2006, 12:34:50 AM
Quote from: phat69charger on January 06, 2006, 09:35:32 PM

Don't count on it.

1.   Brampton (the plant where they build all the LXs) is running at 100% capacity right now and its the only plant set up to build LXs.

2.   Chrysler is introducing seven new production models next year   so all the other plants will likely be running at or close to capacity.   it'll be tough to find room at any of them.

3.   The current LX platform won't accept a manual without serious mods so we will likely have to wait for the LY platform.

Err....this *is* on LY is it not? I'm pretty sure. And as far as what I've gathered from over at Allpar, those 7 new models are slated for LY. As it's supposed to be a "felxible" platform, really geared for a collection of new things. Including this Challenger.

ChargerBill

Ummm, I guess Chrysler is the FIRST car company in HISTORY to be running a plant at 100% capacity, because I've NEVER heard that claim made before...never. I think it would be more accurate to say, they have their MAN-POWER at the plant running at 100% capacity...although considering how lazy (as it has been demonstrated and claimed by MANY) that most of those auto union workers really are, I would HIGHLY doubt that as well. In fact, I think that the term "CAPACITY" is relative...and the claim VERY subjective. I'm sure MORE cars per day, per month, per year have come out of there in the past....no doubt in my mind. So, what we have here is yet another propaganda blip coming out of DCX headquarters being regurgitated willy nilly. "Gee, if we say we are at 100% capacity, that sounds more impressive than the REAL figiures...put it in the DCX manifesto...aghem memo."

100% for sure....100% pure BS.
Life is a highway...

TK73

Cool interview, THANKS!!  I like the interior a lot, mostly the seats... DAMN they are NICE.

This can't be the same team responsible for the Magnum sedan, right?  Maybe the original '99 concept?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

ChargerBill

No TK, it's NOT the same team....Castiglione designed this car, and even though Creed is the head of design I still believe that he was overrulled by some higher-up with MORE sense on this one.Think about it, it goes against EVERYTHING he has said in the past.
Life is a highway...

TK73

Quote from: ChargerBill on January 07, 2006, 08:33:53 PM
Think about it, it goes against EVERYTHING he has said in the past.

Exactly

This should piss off some people, just found it:

' The 2006 Dodge Challenger concept resurrects another authentic American muscle car for the Dodge brand and continues to build on the success and heritage of the Hemi engine. ''This concept possesses the heritage and classic forms of the original Dodge Challenger,'' said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President - Chrysler Group Design. ''However, the ability to use the Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 series architecture as the concept's foundation allowed us to bring a new level of quality and fit-and-finish to a muscle car icon.'' '

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z10761/default.aspx

TK73

Anybody want one of these in thiers?

ChargerBill

Like I said, they make this car just the way it looks and I'm in line for one... :drool5:
Life is a highway...

Orange_Crush

Your prayers may soon be answered:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060106/UPDATE/601060434/1148

St. Louis is the plant where they have been looking at expanding LX production capacity.  Someone said that all their cars will be LX based (or LY based) that's not the case.  The "L" platform is their "full-size"platform.  Its used only for the full-size cars.

A good place to find out decent info about this stuff is at allpar.com.  Go to the "news and rumors" forum and there is a (currently) 73 page thread on the Challenger alone.  Most of it is BS, but you learn to distinguish good info from bad.  There are a lot of insiders on Allpar.  People to pay attention to are Keitho, Bob Sheaves (a great source for tech info), E8502, and Superduckie (if you can decipher his posts).

With regard to LX vs. LY...the Challenger CONCEPT is built on a modified LX platform.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

plum500

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 08, 2006, 12:25:55 AM
Your prayers may soon be answered:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060106/UPDATE/601060434/1148

St. Louis is the plant where they have been looking at expanding LX production capacity.  Someone said that all their cars will be LX based (or LY based) that's not the case.  The "L" platform is their "full-size"platform.  Its used only for the full-size cars.

A good place to find out decent info about this stuff is at allpar.com.  Go to the "news and rumors" forum and there is a (currently) 73 page thread on the Challenger alone.  Most of it is BS, but you learn to distinguish good info from bad.  There are a lot of insiders on Allpar.  People to pay attention to are Keitho, Bob Sheaves (a great source for tech info), E8502, and Superduckie (if you can decipher his posts).

With regard to LX vs. LY...the Challenger CONCEPT is built on a modified LX platform.

Bob Sheaves, last time I read, thought this represented far more than a concept. Though I have not been on Allpar in a bit. Though "they", in the video and in other communications, keep using the term -- which is a little disturbing -- I cannot figure out why they would build a concept with reports of production a year away. Doesn't make much sense. I would think all things put into this car, would be with the intention of a production model -- whether this is S3 (?) or not. Unless it's a pure knee jerk reaction to the Charger noise and they did this just to get something out quick, and LY really isn't done yet. But I still don't think so, not with reports of the new stuff to be on the new platform.

One thing I find interesting is they say (I believe) that it took a year to do this car.... that's all I'm saying about that.