News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

white letters in or out?

Started by charge-it, April 08, 2011, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximRecoil

Quote from: 440 on April 11, 2011, 05:46:30 AM
My vote (if there was a vote) would be for out !

White letters in are for Grandpas  :yesnod:  :nana:

Blackwalls are for vehicles such as the General Lee (as well as the Jeep and most shots of the Road Runner), Magnum P.I. Ferrari, KITT, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Charger, The Bluesmobile, the Batmobile, the Fall Guy truck, Starsky & Hutch Torino, and so on.  

doctor4766

Quote from: MaximRecoil on April 11, 2011, 06:36:15 AM
Quote from: 440 on April 11, 2011, 05:46:30 AM
My vote (if there was a vote) would be for out !

White letters in are for Grandpas  :yesnod:  :nana:

Blackwalls are for vehicles like the General Lee (as well as the Jeep and most shots of the Road Runner), Magnum P.I. Ferrari, KITT, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Charger, The Bluesmobile, the Batmobile, the Fall Guy truck, Starsky & Hutch Torino, and so on.  

So MOST cars you mean
Gotta love a '69

bill440rt

Magnum 500 wheels on a Charger??
My faves, in order of preference for a Magnum wheel:

1) Redlines. Redline radials are available & some of them are very affordable. Chris (Just6T9) has a set from Diamondback, right Chris?

2) White letters in or out depends on the tire & overall look of the car. The black '69 Charger with the blackwalls that richRTSE posted earlier on page 2 looks GREAT without them, however so does charger Downunder's '70 with the whitewalls out. Both cars have Magnum wheels. It all depends on the overall look.

For your black '68, I think I'd go with whites out to break up the sidewall as Chris suggested.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

4cruzin

Why doesn't a MOD add a poll to this thread?     Curious to see the end result.   :popcrn: 

I definitely think it depends on the car.   :shruggy:  But with the black car that is the subject of this thread . . . I would choose white letters IN.  Just a real clean sinister black car look!   :2thumbs:   

:scratchchin: On others color cars, I would choose white letters out . . . 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Khyron

Mine are in only because it's correct for the clone, otherwise, white out :)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Bob T

With hubcaps 14's on , definetly in
Muscle 15 , out
With red or white stripe then lettering in . When I had hubcaps on the tyre brand was hankook, so there was no way I would highlight that on an American car
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

mikesbbody

You hit the nail on the Head there Kelvin, it's cool for "certain brands" to be out yet other's should remain in because there not "one of the brands"  ::) a poll would be pointless pretty one sided IMO. Even if I had the "cool" tires they would still be in. Matter of taste, and or "because everyone else does it" but if you like them out then all good   :cheers:

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger´69

Usually white out  :2thumbs:

And DAAAMN, that SFRT´s black '69 is AWESOME!!!!  :drool5: :drool5:

Well, now I have tires without white letters and that´s only reason why I don´t have white letters out.. But it ain´t look bad even there are no white letters  :icon_smile_wink: Next tires I´ll buy BFG or Cooper and then there will be white letters out.
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

mikesbbody

Long Island RT

If you're worried about all blacked out with white lettering out... Don't. 

It doesn't get much blacker than mine...

1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

TUFCAT

@Long Island ...hey now, that actually looks tough! :icon_smile_cool: ...I'm diggin the concept.  

Kudos for the headers hanging low, the lack of chrome, and Balls Out! :naughty: THAT BITCH IS MEAN.

Long Island RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 13, 2011, 03:04:10 PM
@Long Island ...hey now, that actually looks tough! :icon_smile_cool: ...I'm diggin the concept.  

Kudos for the headers hanging low, the lack of chrome, and Balls Out! :naughty: THAT BITCH IS MEAN.

Thanks -  I didn't plan on having the headers hang that low!  I've actually lowered the car a little more since that picture.  I now have a whopping 2½" clearance now!  Thank god it's not a daily driver.

BTW - it's even meaner when you hear it running :yesnod:

Thanks to this site I actually got my a$$ in gear and finished it.
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

PPRCuda

White letters in. Letters out makes me  :eek2:

cudacharger

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

JT01

General_01

White letters out for me.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Back N Black

Vainglory, Esq.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MOXY100

inneys look much better than outies!

charge-it

Well, the tires are now mounted on the wheels. The fronts are BF Goodrich radial T/A's 225-70-15 on chrome 15x7 magnum 500's. The rears are BF goodrich radial T/A's 275-60-15 on chrome 15x8 magnums 500's. I went with white letters in. I mounted the new wheel and tire combos on my Quadruple black 68 Charger and it looks awesome! Unfortunately we've have been having some heavy wind driven rain and I haven't had a chance to get any pictures yet. As soon as I have a chance to snap a few good shots, I will post some pictures.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com