News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

white letters in or out?

Started by charge-it, April 08, 2011, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge-it

Quote from: vancamp on April 08, 2011, 07:10:57 PM
whites out on mine but it kinda depends on the car and the look your going after
I like the bullitt look too. Unfortunately I live in Chevy land and most people look at my car and ask why I have those stupid hubcaps on my car. Even most of the Mopar people don't understand the hubcap deal. I really don't care what they think but I wanted some 15" rubber to fill the wheel wells. I really wanted the good old fashion classic Cragar SS wheels but they don't offer a dedicated mopar bolt pattern and I refuse to deal with wheels that use those stupid looney lug washers. So now my car will look like every other Mopar around here, magnum 500's with B.F. Goodrich radial T/A's.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

crusty440

mikesbbody

White in I don't like to advertise  :lol:

richRTSE

I have the same size tires front and rear. I went with white letters in. Sorry, picts a little small...

Just 6T9 CHGR

I went white out with mine....if its a large tire with a lot of sidewall, I like something to break it up.  Weather it be a redline or a whitewall or RWL

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

A383Wing

I got outlined white letters on the cream 66 and the Daytona....I got solid white letters on the black 66 but I'm going to turn them so the solid white letters are inside.....

troutstreamnm

With BF Goodrich...white out and you can't go wrong.  I've moved to redlines w/ blackwalls  :2thumbs:
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

JT01

white letters out only if there BFGs or Cooper Cobras

Drache

Ok what do you think for my Dart, I have a set of BF Goodrich Radial T/A's. Should I change over to them with white letters out?  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

MaximRecoil

High visibility lettering on tires has its roots in racing, as a means for the tire companies to advertise via the concept of professional endorsement (hoping for the "If the product is good enough for a professional racecar driver then it's good enough for me" effect). I think their big, bold, block white letters are garish and clutter up an otherwise clean black landscape. I've yet to be offered a paid endorsement contract from any of the tire companies to display their company name prominently on my vehicle; so until then, I'll stick with blackwalls.

stripedelete

BlueSS454

Mine are white letter out also even though it's not really "correct" for how the car should appear. 

Tom Rightler

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Cooter

Depends on the car...If I'm driving my 1970 Challenger R/T Clone, then the white letters go out as an E-body doesn't look "right" IMO without 'em...
Now if I'm in the General Lee, then they go IN...
If I'm in Christine, then the Wide Whites go out...

In the Dart, don't have a choice in the rear as HOOSIER is on BOTH SIDES of the rear tires.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TruckDriver

White letters out IS the only way to go! PERIOD!  :yesnod:

I think you can put white letters on a station wagon, and it will look tons cooler. Or for that matter, even on a Cadillac.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71ChallengeHer

White letters out. That is the 1st thing I did to my Challenger , when I bought it.

Patronus

Where's the poll??
I vote out. Besides, tires only last a couple years  :drive:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

If your after a muscle look white out definitely.

If your after a classy look which I assume I'd go white in.

Depending on style sometimes white outlined letters can be somewhere in between, not as bold as solid.

jaak

Quote from: Patronus on April 09, 2011, 10:05:01 AM
Where's the poll??
I vote out. Besides, tires only last a couple years  :drive:

Yeah, you need a poll....
but my  :Twocents: is in!

Jason

BananaDan

Out!
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

rooks

White letters in!

(Click me)

Actually, it all depends on the car, the rims and the colour/stripe scheme.

On a triple black Charger, I'm a big fan of red-line tyres.  :2thumbs:

charger Downunder

[/quote]

1969chargerrtse

Look at my signature picture. White letters out baby!!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

MoparDavid

Out for me, but on your car, I think redlines would look fantastic!