News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

white letters in or out?

Started by charge-it, April 08, 2011, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudacharger

Quote from: charge-it on April 17, 2011, 05:47:26 PM
Well, the tires are now mounted on the wheels. The fronts are BF Goodrich radial T/A's 225-70-15 on chrome 15x7 magnum 500's. The rears are BF goodrich radial T/A's 275-60-15 on chrome 15x8 magnums 500's. I went with white letters in. I mounted the new wheel and tire combos on my Quadruple black 68 Charger and it looks awesome! Unfortunately we've have been having some heavy wind driven rain and I haven't had a chance to get any pictures yet. As soon as I have a chance to snap a few good shots, I will post some pictures.

:cheers:

That sounds killer will look forward to seeing those pics!

freddyd02

doctor4766

Looks like you got the tires round the right way Freddy!

Just that the rims are the wrong way around.....  :slap:
Gotta love a '69

doctor4766

Yeah just a little.
Although I must say it does look good on the right car
Gotta love a '69

doctor4766

Oh ok. Yours looks alright I spose lmao
Gotta love a '69

:lol: If anything mine should be whites in more than anybody.....

Heres whites/yellow out

Road Dog

I'm getting tires on mine in a couple weeks or so. Getting the BFG's and gonna put the letters in this time. I've done it once before just to give it a different look.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

quadram4

Depends on the year of the car, under 70 red lines or black walls, that black charger would look killer with red lines and a red rump stripe, if the car came with rwl then thats the way to go! I also remember the blue line tires a set is on my 66 hemi belvedere
Hungry Dago

BananaDan

Quote from: freddyd02 on April 20, 2011, 09:02:53 PM
Out  :yesnod:
Freddy,
Are those new Vectors, or originals from back in the day?  They're beautiful.   :2thumbs:

Also, what size are they, 15x7's, or 8's?

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

freddyd02

Hey Dan, they're originals, I had them powder coated 60% gloss then took them to a metal place and they polished the aluminum, they turned out really nice, the pictures don't do them justice and those two are 15x10s for the rear. I have two extra if anyone wants them, they're powder coated but not polished..

Stretch

I always went white letters out. Then I bought 15x8 magnum wheels and 235/60/15's for the front and 295/60/15 for the rear. I'm so picky about cosmetics that this next part shouldn't suprise me. I mount my tires with the valve stem centered in the name brand of the tire after all. I also wont use wheel weights on the outside of the rim. i use "stick on" lead on the inside of the wheel and paint the lead black so it cant be seen. (yah, I'm a tad off) When I monted the tires with the letters out the two different side wall hights made the letter sizing look goofy. It drove me nuts untell I swaped the whites in. As it turns out I like it better. The black walls bring out the black top, the black rallye strip, and the black hood bulge. It makes the F1 pale green paint jump.

If I could figure out how to post pics on this sight I would. I'm sure it's a sizing thing on my end.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

A383Wing

Quote from: Stretch on May 14, 2011, 09:56:59 AM

If I could figure out how to post pics on this sight I would. I'm sure it's a sizing thing on my end.

yea...that's what she said also   :nana:

charge-it

Just a thought, is there any way to dye the white letters red without the red dye fading or bleeding out?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

A383Wing

decades ago JC Whitney Co. sold "colored pens" that you could change the color of the white wall tires...Not sure if worked or faded....

I would be interested in an answer to that question as well

Stretch

Quote from: A383Wing on May 14, 2011, 02:08:24 PM
Quote from: Stretch on May 14, 2011, 09:56:59 AM

yea...that's what she said also   :nana:

Nice! i kinda walked into that one didn't I :icon_smile_blackeye:
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

elanmars

I'm either/or. Currently white letters in and I dig it...I would change them to white out if the tire companies paid me for the advertising!  :D
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

charge-it

It`s white letters in. Here a few pics. When ever I get a chance to get some good pics I`ll post those as well.

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com