News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hmm, black general

Started by aussiemuscle, April 08, 2011, 12:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiemuscle

hmm, found on ebay a black general lee.

it looks like a toy in the photos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Lee

That IS a toy! I have one. It was a limited edition thingy.

Hemidog

MaximRecoil

I saw that auction too. The pictures are taken from this site; i.e., the first 3 pictures of the black General Lee on that site are the exact ones being used for that auction. I wonder if Dave Nicholson knows.

Another thing is, I don't think they are actually selling anything that they already have on hand in that auction. From the way it is worded, it sounds like they don't turn a Charger into a black General Lee until someone wins the auction:

QuotePLEASE READ THE AUCTION

BE THE FIRST to own the custom, BLACK General Lee Replica. You are looking at a 1969 Dodge Charger RT, a replica of the Duke's of Hazzard, General Lee IN BLACK. This auction includes the car, and the service to completely restore it. The car will feature a rebuilt 440 engine, fresh new paint, and fresh new interior, etc. We build these replicas upon request! The price of this auction includes FREE shipping ($1200-$1500 value). 
-Rebuilt 440 engine
-Auto Transmission
-Brand new body work and paint job
-All reupholstered interior
-New Tires, and of course, the General Lee Vector Wheels!
-The best decals available.  Clear Coated over upon request for no additional         charge.
-Custom exhaust
-Correct General Lee rims
-Correct push bar

THE BUILDING PROCESS
We locate the cars, then bring them back to Indiana where we begin the intricate restoration.  This restoration includes (but isn't limited to) a complete restore of the exterior, mechanic and interior (including flooring, etc).
We have donor Chargers in our possession at all times, so if it would make you feel more comfortable, feel free to pay us a visit!!!! 
*We ask that you be patient and allow as long as it takes for we do run in to back ordering problems, etc like any business.  Rome was NOT built in a day.  Please maintain patience throughout the process, and allow us to deliver the show car you are paying for.

Also, their auction title specifies that it is an "RT", but I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't get an actual R/T from them.

I wonder about the quality of the eventual car. They appear to be a "General Lee mill", and judging from their shameless use of toy car pictures, and the way they play fast and loose with the term "RT"; I'm guessing the quality is closer to that of BK Auto than Smith Brothers. 

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Hemidog on April 08, 2011, 01:57:21 AM
The Real Deal: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,49451.0.html

That car is wicked cool.  :2thumbs:

I always think its funny that they advertise with toys. Why not use some of their previous work and an artists rendition? Oh, probably because it's HPLAG.  :eek2:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

hemi68charger

I like it.......... Now, all the black Charger owners can have the question posed to them, "Hey, going to make a General out of that?"   :D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ERTL/AMT did a very limited run of something like 500 black 1/18 chargers randomly mixed in with the normal models. It was supposed to be the black charger that the dukes bought out of a junkyard which became the General Lee.

I don't have one but wish I did... lol..   

Brock Samson

the 1/16 Hemi General I bought in the '70s was black..  :shruggy: i didn't know it was rare...

Richard Cranium

I found a black General....

I am Dr. Remulac

nvrbdn

I THINK I WOULD LIKE THE FLAG ON TOP TO BE IN GREY AND WHITE LIKE A NEGATIVE. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Brock Lee

Quote from: 440 on April 08, 2011, 10:00:28 AM
ERTL/AMT did a very limited run of something like 500 black 1/18 chargers randomly mixed in with the normal models. It was supposed to be the black charger that the dukes bought out of a junkyard which became the General Lee.

I don't have one but wish I did... lol..   

That one shown was an Authentics series and they only did 150 if that one. The one you are thinking of was just a black Charger with tan interior and vectors. I have one of those as well.

DustinSimmonds

I would love to see a Union Charger. Blue or black with the Union flag on top! That would be pretty unique!  :scratchchin:

DustinSimmonds

It would be the General Grant!

WB General Lee

I read that and believe me in my opinion just from the way the add is worded you will be in for a good screwing. 99% of the time they will take your money, promise you the world, and after 3 years you will be picking up an unfinished pile of crap. It will be a 318 rust bucket that the slap a 1973 440 under the hood and some $25 dollar RT emblems lol. I never see anything good come out of these broken promises. Buyer beware

rooks

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on April 09, 2011, 12:00:21 AM
I would love to see a Union Charger. Blue or black with the Union flag on top! That would be pretty unique!  :scratchchin:

We have a Blue General inspired Charger down here in Oz. No flag unfortunately - and gay rims!

Would look great with a subdued flag on the roof.

DustinSimmonds

Always enough to make me just want more!  :drool5:

tan top

Quote from: rooks on April 09, 2011, 04:54:14 PM
Quote from: DustinSimmonds on April 09, 2011, 12:00:21 AM
I would love to see a Union Charger. Blue or black with the Union flag on top! That would be pretty unique!  :scratchchin:

We have a Blue General inspired Charger down here in Oz. No flag unfortunately - and gay rims!

Would look great with a subdued flag on the roof.

nice 68  :coolgleamA:
not keen on the wheels ,   looks like it could be them easy to remove type stickers also  :scratchchin: (just for the event) one side different to the other also  :scope: :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

i sure was thinking that a couple years ago someone did a # 10 general grant with an american flag on top.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

MaximRecoil

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 10, 2011, 05:45:29 PM
i sure was thinking that a couple years ago someone did a # 10 general grant with an american flag on top.

I'd guess that a lot of people have done that, since it is a pretty obvious counterpart to a "General Lee". For example, there was a second generation Charger painted black with an American flag and "General Grant" on the roof in my area (central Maine) when I was a kid some 25 years ago.

The General Grant doesn't sound as cool as The General Lee however.  :Twocents:  But yeah the concept would work....

Laxy

That blue 68 looks even gayer in the flesh, shame because it is mint and has a beautiful factory blue interior. The stickers on the back window advertise a strip club and it appears the owner is banging one of the strippers, who looks pretty rough. Quite comical to see them at car shows.

I shot this black '70 general mockup at a Melbourne car show around 5 years ago, have seen it at most events since, but not for around a year or two:

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

DustinSimmonds

Well if any one could get a pic of one with the Union flag and everything, that would be really cool! I almost want to get a '69, and make one myself, just to be a rebel against the rebels!  :nana:

440AirForce

Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

rooks

Quote from: Laxy on April 10, 2011, 10:11:11 PM
That blue 68 looks even gayer in the flesh, shame because it is mint and has a beautiful factory blue interior. The stickers on the back window advertise a strip club and it appears the owner is banging one of the strippers, who looks pretty rough. Quite comical to see them at car shows.

That explains a lot actually. There's another photo from the same event as the one above of them doing laps, and the chick is out the window with her tits out. Not sure what event it is. Motorvation maybe?

Laxy

Yeah mate it was at Motorvation chucking laps, given the way this chick looked up close I'm happy I have not seen that pic of her flashing  :icon_smile_big:
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.