News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hello from a french owner of charger 72

Started by AllerHop, April 05, 2011, 04:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

American's are not disliked where I'm from (New Zealand) or Australia I always thought it was just the Middle East? (and not all of the Middle East) sorry to get off topic but...I do recall seeing a convertible 71 or 72 it didn't look good IMO.

AllerHop

i strongly believe 3rd charger generation are much pretty in conv than 2nd gen ;p
Rusty Dodge charger 72...

myaerocars

I think this website has a picture you are looking for...... a 1971 Plymouth GTX convertible... none made from factory but nice looking! Gives you some ideas as to what they did to get a really cool looking 3 rd gen.

http://www.71wingcars.com/view_item.aspx?page=4&id=83

IF the link does not work just got to www.71wingcars.com and look around. 

Oh, and welcome!

Godpseed,
JON 

TX9H6E4CUDA

Welcome from one law enforcement officer to another :2thumbs:. If you get time you should post pics of the frame that has rust damage so maybe you can get a plan of attack from all of us that have torn these cars apart and have first hand knowledge of these mopars.

I have a couple of questions about your charger if yo don't mind?
Does this car have any export tags on the inner fenders?
Does it have a standard vin tag on the dash?
Was this originally delivered to France when it was new or was it a U.S destination car later imported?
does it have a kilometer dash in it or standard?
Does it have rally gauges?

Neat car and if you are really serious about the convert idea look in the "mopars in nature" thread and there is pic of a 72 made into a convert and to be nice its very interesting. I would put a sliding factory sunroof in.
For the best powder coating talk to Larry at JIT Powder Coating. Absolutely amazing service, awesome quality,amazing attention to detail. Give Larry a call at 651-463-4664
Thanks again Larry

A couple of things. I'm currently living in Australia and I think the perception of Americans is mixed, I believe it would be the same for most free countries. Half don't like the fact that they are becoming more Americanized through US influences. Remember Australia was mostly influenced by Europe.

I like the red slots in the Kidneys of your wheels AllerHop. Not many people venture outside of the box to paint them a different color. I have a similar type of wheel where I painted the kidneys white.

Good luck with your project.

Charger´69

Quote from: bull on April 06, 2011, 11:20:40 AM
Based on the photos in this thread I'd have to say a convertible 3rd gen looks a lot better than a convertible 2nd gen.

I think so too!  :coolgleamA:

AllerHop: Welcome and do just like you want to do, it is your car  :2thumbs:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

AllerHop

thank you all !

Thank you too for link ! i will study them :) This weekend i will have some free time, i have to swap my master cylinder so i will try to take some picture of the frame.

Have a nice day !

AllerHop

Quote from: TX9H6E4CUDA on April 07, 2011, 09:35:02 PM
I have a couple of questions about your charger if yo don't mind?
Does this car have any export tags on the inner fenders?
Does it have a standard vin tag on the dash?
Was this originally delivered to France when it was new or was it a U.S destination car later imported?
does it have a kilometer dash in it or standard?
Does it have rally gauges?

The vin tag is a standard, this car was imported about 2005 from américa (forget which state, i have the américan papers but not here ...). So it haves the rally gauges in miles.

At the origine, the car was something like gold with black vinyl top, a 318 ... maybee is the right motor,never swap ! i will see when i will desassemble the motor.

there is near any option, only the concealed headlamp and the opening of the hood from the interior.

U know, in France, we take all the creppy car u don't want ^^ many slant6 or small V8 ... And the liter of petrol are at 2.16 dollars in france .... gloups ... :brickwall: