News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW!?!? 1986 OZZY & METALLICA mint UN-used concert ticket

Started by HITMAN 149, April 04, 2011, 05:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

hey guys & gals  :cheers:
i found an old UN-used concert ticket i had from 1986 lol
METALLICA opening up for OZZY!!! i couldn't go to the show for whatever reason back then ( i was prob punished for something!!! lol), but i bought the ticket off some girl i went to jr high with the next day for a couple of bucks ($5??) lol
it's in MINT condition!! does anyone think it's worth anything?!?!?
thanks!!
:2thumbs:
-john
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Chad L. Magee

Yes, there is a market for unused tickets.  Years ago, there was a lady in Denver who wrote into the Rocky Mountain Newspaper with a question about a pair of unused Beatles concert tickets that she had to their last US concert.  At the time, she was quoted a price near $10,000 for them.  I don't however have an idea on what yours could be worth.  This is the type of stuff you would find together in a picture frame along side a framed photo of both bands with a big price tag at a Hard Rock Cafe type business.  You might want to look into getting the autographed photos and put that one together.  My best unused concert ticket is a pair from the Police from 2007 that I paid $200 each for (long story).

Somewhere lost in my late father's stuff is a pair of unused concert tickets to a show that he missed going to in the mid-1950s.  I have been looking for them for some time but with no luck (he had a lot of stuff).  He was stationed in Texas at that time and heard about a new singer that his girlfriend wanted to go see.  He bought the tickets and unfortunately could not go because of duty obligations that came up.  The singer was Elvis.....   
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

HITMAN 149

WOW!!! ELVIS!!! OMG id be tearing that house apart!!!!!! lol
hmmmmmm thanks for the idea bro!!! i looked in ebay... nothing big for either ozzy or metallica...
thanks!!!
:2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bill440rt

I was AT that show!!!  :METAL:

I was 16 at the time. It was such a great concert, back when Metallica was good. It was the Master of Puppets tour for Metallica & the Ultimate Sin for Ozzy.

Great to see that stub!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

THE STIG

Take it for what it's worth but that was Metallica's last tour as a supporting act, and it's been said (even by Ozzy himself) that just as many fans were going to see Metallica (if not more) as they were Ozzy. It was a major turning point in the bands history. So to a hardcore Metallica fan it's probably worth some money especially when you factor in that it was prior to the death of Cliff Burton and in the hieght of what many fans believe was the height of thier golden era. I just don't see a way to put a dollar figure on it since I've never seen one for sale anywhere.

Brock Lee

What a show that must have been! They were in their prime. James was chugging away on his new Jackson King V, still wearing his taped up sneakers and Cliff was still kicking ass.

Old Moparz

I'd imagine that trying to figure a value on an unused ticket won't be too difficult if you can find a memorabilia forum or such. I was looking for values on some art related items that my Mom had & there are lots of sites with prices all over the place. Ebay may be a good place to start looking at rock related memorabilia.

I remember when Elvis died. He had scheduled shows in our area & I had wanted to get my Dad tickets. We saw a news show where people were lined up at the venue hoping to buy the unused tickets from people looking for refunds & paying way more than the face value. I guess the older the ticket, the more it might be worth.

Check this out....
http://www.ioffer.com/w/23268
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

HITMAN 149

yea i wanted to go BAD bro.... i was 15 then... i don't remember why i couldn't go!?!?! like i said i was prob punished  :icon_smile_blackeye: for something?!?!?!? lmao i bought the ticket off some girl i knew the next day. her friend couldn't go at the last minute...  :rotz:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Manfred318

Awesome. Id love to have that ticket.  I have the tour shirt and the ticket would be perfect to go with it.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

greenpigs

Only one way to find out, put a reserve on it, just to mess with people.

I think you could get $100
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

HITMAN 149

hahahaha manfred.. yea that would be a cool combo framed!!!

hey green... yea i may throw it up on ebay.. just out of curiosity!?!?! lol
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

elanmars

throw it on ebay, maybe go to a metallica board or two and see what kind of interest you get. you might get some good money out of it. you can always do a reserve bid and keep adjusting it, lowering it or making it higher, whatever.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

HANDM

Man! Long ago.....85? I missed Metallica and Metal church in Seattle and held onto the ticket forever.......then tossed it  :brickwall: