News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 valley pan

Started by justcruisin, April 03, 2011, 06:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justcruisin

What is the best valley pan to use with edelbrock rpm heads and intake on a 440. I see 440 source do a flat sheet metal pan with .060" gaskets. This seems like a better way to go rather than the standard pan between two gaskets. Any thoughts?

firefighter3931

The Felpro valley pan works fine....that's what i would use  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Kern Dog

I like the Fel-Pro pan as well. Part # 1215.

Piston_Freddy

I got my 1215 pan today! :2thumbs:
Max rim size:15"

bobs66440

Fel Pro worked fine for me  :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

I've never used anything besides the Fel Pro pan gasket - never had any problems but once when one developed a crack in it and started leaking oil under the intake   :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

justcruisin

OK thanks, it just seemed a little messy using three gaskets on each side, I have used the felpro valley pan on its own with no additional gaskets before and had no issues but with cast heads and intake, this is the first time with alloy heads and intake. Thanks for the advice. Ill give the 6 piece set up a go.

redmist

I used the two piece unit from Hughes, and also the intake gaskets with built in sillycone  :rofl: and it worked great!!  I had to remove the heat crossover from my RPM intake for it to fit though.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.