News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some Photoshop (just cut and paste) help!

Started by G-man, March 31, 2011, 07:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hey guys and gals,

I would like to see these particular wheels on a 1968 ORANGE charger.
Im trying to work out what I want to do with my car in terms of wheels.

http://www.nfscars.net/forum/album.php?albumid=16&pictureid=309

Can someone stick these on an orange 68 for me?

Would be trully appreciated. Thanks
George

DustinSimmonds

I could try but you got to give me a bit though!  :icon_smile_wink: Would anyone with a orange 68 be able to take a picture of their car from about the same angle and distance?  :scratchchin:

They look like pretty standard stock car wheels.

Sherwoods chrome wheel seems to be the closest match as far as hole/spoke count is concerned...

G-man

Thanks Dustin! - Perhaps someone can get one of a General Lee? (Only ask that cause I might put a number on the door to have that pro-touring race look)

440- Im not realy looking at those wheels per say, Im actually tryin to decide whether im going 15" wheels with 29" tall Hoosier street radials (13" tread/contact patch) and 12.19" brakes (which to me the tires look a little too tall) or whether im going 17/18" wheels with a thinner tire. I know Im going pro-touring and im trying to work out which way to go. Considering at the race track im gonna run slicks, then theres not much different betwen 17/18s or 15s (running slicks). On street there would be difference, but im not racing on street... so I wanted to see how that profile size with goodyears(which are my fav look tire) look on the charger... I dont like tires that are too thin but I dont like the 13" tread hoosier/M/T offer which is 29" tall and looks too big... these look perfect on that car. The proprotions of the width of side wall and wheel it self looks just right to me. Thats really what im trying to decide. So wanna see it on the charger and see if that works, if it does.. and I know the size of those... thats what il be doing for the race track.

I agree the tire size looks good, not too small or high profile. I don't particularly like those rims though myself but with a nice set of wheels that would really stand out on a charger. I know a lot of the old race cars used to use Formula 5000 components.... some tires looked like balloons under the cars   

DustinSimmonds

Yea, no problem G-man! Not to took my own horn, but i'm pretty good at photoshop. In my opinion. I would be more then happy to do it for you. I'll look around for a General at that angle. However, again if someone could provide a picture for me to work with that would be fantastic!

LeeBoy

The cars not orange but these pics should give you an idea how the wheels will look. Here's a link to where I found the pics. http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/45098_1968_dodge_charger/photo_15.html
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

G-man

Thanks lee,

Cant picture it off that. The front is wrong, the colours wrong... everything just looks blah on that. They also look thicker, dunno.

Will see what Dustin comes up with.  :popcrn:

DustinSimmonds

Do you know the brand and name of the rims? It would probably be a lot easier if I could use a different pic of the rims.

DustinSimmonds

I'm having trouble finding any General Lee pictures from this angle. Do you have any other pictures of those rims?

G-man

No I dont

I figured u can just cut those wheels out and put them on a charger? Even if its an orange one and u rough sketch an 01 on it with the paint brush just to have an idea.

MaximRecoil

Brock Samson

G-man

wow, thats nice thanks.

Uhm....

How fussy can I be guys?

Possible ot remove the Front bumper thing and get rid of the I in the middle of the grill so its like a 68?

Il try find a set of rims and then if possible stick them over the top of those (stil want the rubber there though).

Would that be too much trouble?

Can the car get a little lower with a little rake towards the front? (like cut the car out and move its angle slightly), that gap between front tire and body needs to be reduced wish I had my photoshop... i woulda done it all myself. Sorry to trouble u guys.

36 Dodge Brothers

Not the same wheels but I think my orange 68 R/T with steel wheels are close enough to give you an idea.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

G-man

I do like it... and I like the angle of the one thats been done.

Can we work with that as a base now to fine tune it?

as said... its either getting 15" wheels with 12.19" brakes or its going 17/18" wheels with 13/14" brakes.

Trying to work out whats better for handling cause people say obviously that 17" wheels are better cause not much side wall but when ur talking slicks... then there should be a difference... sure the brakes are smaller but at same time less rotating mass than the 13s and huge amounts of race cars run 15"s, F1 cars run 13" wheels (fairenough they got no weight to wory about so bigger brakes/wheelmay be overkill)...

But if this looks as good as im almost seeing it looking... I may just go the 15" way. That angles is great, everything looks great... just fine tune it to how im thinking of my car looking... then itl help me decide what i wanna do. Its a great base line to work with. Thanks maxz for that car!

Brock Samson

MaximRecoil

Quote from: G-man on April 02, 2011, 08:16:57 PM
wow, thats nice thanks.

Uhm....

How fussy can I be guys?

Possible ot remove the Front bumper thing and get rid of the I in the middle of the grill so its like a 68?

That can be done, but is it not something I want to bother with (that's more tedious than superimposing wheels); not right now anyway.

QuoteIl try find a set of rims and then if possible stick them over the top of those (stil want the rubber there though).

Would that be too much trouble?

It is unlikely that you could find wheels that match up with the angles of the existing picture. On top of that, the two different types of lighting in the existing picture I did looks screwy enough as it is; adding in a third type of lighting in order to superimpose a new set of wheels is going to look worse. Your best bet is to find a set of wheels and tires together that you like; and it is also better if you find a side profile of a car to work with, because side profile shots are a common perspective for pictures of all sorts of things (including wheels), whereas when you introduce angles — given that there are an infinite number of possible angles — it makes it harder to find pictures of things that match the angle.

QuoteCan the car get a little lower with a little rake towards the front? (like cut the car out and move its angle slightly), that gap between front tire and body needs to be reduced wish I had my photoshop... i woulda done it all myself. Sorry to trouble u guys.

That's easy and quick enough to do:

Brock Samson

Thanks Max! Really Appreciate it!  :2thumbs:  :yesnod:   :lol:

G-man

Is your head feeling better now Brock?  :pity:

Nice picture... world of difference.

Thanks Max. Will see what I find (I just dont think the wheels I want are findable on ANY car)... let alone with the tire option.

Worst comes to worst... just slap it on (whocares about lighting etc) just so i have a rough idea.

Lets see what i come up with.

K looked through everything... over 5000 pictures... nothing other than these could I find. Not one picture on net with those wheels on a car.

Could you perhaps slap them on? They seem to have the right angle... dunno. Makes it hard when I dont live in the US where I can dive down and stick the wheels on the actual car itself. Down here gotta order them, pay for them, get them... dont like them... toomany thousands gone.

I like the ET Classic 5 spokes. Straight spokes rther than curved like the D's

MaximRecoil

Quote from: G-man on April 03, 2011, 12:29:07 AM
K looked through everything... over 5000 pictures... nothing other than these could I find. Not one picture on net with those wheels on a car.

Could you perhaps slap them on? They seem to have the right angle... dunno. Makes it hard when I dont live in the US where I can dive down and stick the wheels on the actual car itself. Down here gotta order them, pay for them, get them... dont like them... toomany thousands gone.

I like the ET Classic 5 spokes. Straight spokes rther than curved like the D's

Three different types of lighting now, along with three slightly different angles going on, and looking phony as a three dollar bill; but here it is:

G-man

:smilielol:

That clearly did NOT work nor give any indication as how it would look. Thanks for amusing my crazy idea atleast.

DustinSimmonds

Ha, I'm glad someone else was able to come through for you. I was having some major problems with my photo editor!  :RantExplode: It all worked out in the end though!  :popcrn: