News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 bored .060

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, March 26, 2011, 06:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I am considering building a 383 stroker. The 383 was in my 68 until I put the current 440 in it's place. The 383 is not the number matching motor for my car but is date coded close for the car. The motor did not smoke, burn oil ran good for a mild mannered build. I pulled the heads off the motor and the top of the pistons read .060 so apparently the motor is 60 over. I checked for a noticeable ridge with my finger and found none to be there. I know this is not the right way to check but don't what I should do to confirm whether or not this motor is a good candidate for a future stroker motor. Any advice on next steps to check this motor out would be appreciated.

Thanks,
L

FLG

Im not sure how much meat is on the small blocks but usually .060 is the limit.

Only way to make sure is to have the block sonic tested.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: FLG on March 26, 2011, 06:20:38 PM
Im not sure how much meat is on the small blocks but usually .060 is the limit.

Only way to make sure is to have the block sonic tested.
It is a big block 383

FLG

For some reason when i read it i read "360" eh, must need new glasses.

Again id say .060 is the limit, you could get it sonic tested and it might be fine. Or maybe you can have it sleeved...though the cost of the sleeves might just be worth buying another block.