News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body code mismatch

Started by Voss, March 26, 2011, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

Hi,

I have been looking at a Charger R/T - 68 which I might buy. It has the fender tag, build sheet, even the certi card and they all look good. However, the rad support is stamped B8X064372. But from the build sheet and fender tag (which adds up prfectly) it should have been B8X064637.

I have not been able to get the stamping from the trunk lip, so this is what I have. I've asked the gentleman (which seems very serious by the way) to get the partial VIN from the engine and trans, but that's another story. What do you guys here think about this small mismatch in the number sequence? I mean, if the rad support was ever replaced, it seems far fetched to get that close. And if the car would have been restamped (which I really don't think it is), guess no one would stamp a number which is CLOSE to what it should be. :)

I find this odd, what do you experienced guys think? Can it be a goofy thing made at the production line? I'm really into codes and numbers so it would be great to know what people have seen when it comes to mismatches like these...

Thanks!

Ghoste

My opinion is that the rad cradle was likely replaced, I don't think it's that strange to find the SO numbers that close together. :Twocents:

69CoronetRT

Possible factory mistake; possible replacement. More information is needed. It will be interesting to see what the trunk numbers and the engine tranny stampings, if they are there, say.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger