News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is $1000 a fair price for rust free floor and trunk pan?

Started by Hemidoug, January 04, 2006, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

After looking long and hard for a rust free floor pan and trunk floor I finally found one in AZ. The guy will only sell the complete floor (pass side) for 500.00 as well as the complete trunk floor (extension to extension) for an additional 500.00. So...for a grand plus shipping from AZ, I can have the parts I need for the 71, or I can continue looking. So...is it a fair price or should I keep looking? ??? ??? ???
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Blakcharger440

Too me it sounds just a little high...but then again it is a 71 and those parts seem to be less plentiful.
Or do other years fit the same and have the same layout like the 72-74?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Do they repro parts for this year?  if so cant the 2 piece trunk floor be installed to look like 1 piece with some work?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidoug

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 04, 2006, 07:21:31 PM
Too me it sounds just a little high...but then again it is a 71 and those parts seem to be less plentiful.
Or do other years fit the same and have the same layout like the 72-74?

The parts are out of a 72. I believe the floor pan is the same 71-73, but the trunk parts are 71-72 only. I purchased the repro stuff, but I am not satisfied with the parts. They are no where near the originals in fit and look. :flame:

mridolfo

Are you going to get rid of the unsatisfactory repro parts ? What are they?

twilt

as far as i know, the only repros are for the front floor pans (because they are same as e body) .to the best of my knowledge,  rear floor  pans and trunk pans arent reproduced. 
that being said, it makes for a sellers market. 1 grand is definitely high but not necessarily surprising. i would be looking for a 72 parts car. even if you pay $1500 for a whole parts car, you could recoup most if not all of it by selling off the extras.

TruckDriver

WOW!  :o I need a pass side trunk floor, and no way in hell would I pay that much! I wish I could remember who the seller was on Ebay a while ago that had a complete rear rust free trunk floor and frame rails for like $100.00 and never got any bids on it. They were in Kansas if I remember right and you had to pick it up. Last year I called http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/ cause they show trunk pans on their list of repro parts. They told me they were being made yet when I called. I don't know what the deal is now, but they still have them on the web site.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

WM23N1

so you think I could get 1500 bucks for this rust free body in my backyard?
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

69charger2002

i'll sell you a solid roller shell 72 charger for $1000, if you want to come pick it up. only rust was in firewall outer area. quarters are good, floors and trunk floor. i can get pics if you like
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

694spdRT

:iagree:

You should be able to find a complete car or at least body cheaper as long as you have the room to store it. The 3rd gens are creaping up in value but, it seems you can still find solid bodied donor cars much cheaper than the 2nd gens.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

bohog

Have you tried your local sheetmetal fabricator. I took my Charger to a place in town here, to see if they could reproduce the trunk floor and extensions for my car. They said to remove the pieces I want reproduced from my car, and they would copy them. The stamped in contours wouldn't be exactly the same, but once you put in the gas tank and trunk mat in, you can't see the trunk floor anyway. Quoted me $300-$350 for the 3 pieces, made from 16 or 18 gage sheetmetal.

WM23N1

I agree with these guys. dont pay a $1000 for those parts.

twilt

Quote from: WM23N1 on January 04, 2006, 08:41:30 PM
yep, when you want me to come and get it? ;) i can be there in about an hour :icon_smile_big:  The super bee hood does go with it right?

twilt

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 04, 2006, 08:31:06 PM
WOW!  :o I need a pass side trunk floor, and no way in hell would I pay that much! I wish I could remember who the seller was on Ebay a while ago that had a complete rear rust free trunk floor and frame rails for like $100.00 and never got any bids on it. They were in Kansas if I remember right and you had to pick it up. Last year I called http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/ cause they show trunk pans on their list of repro parts. They told me they were being made yet when I called. I don't know what the deal is now, but they still have them on the web site.

They have  lot of stuff listed on their site that they dont really have.  :P   sure glad i dont need stuff like that. I stocked up already :yesnod:

TruckDriver

Quote from: twilt on January 04, 2006, 10:25:24 PM
They have   lot of stuff listed on their site that they dont really have.   :P     sure glad i dont need stuff like that. I stocked up already :yesnod:

That's ok, when I make my move down near you, I know where I can get one :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Hemidoug

Quote from: mridolfo on January 04, 2006, 07:48:31 PM
Are you going to get rid of the unsatisfactory repro parts ? What are they?
I had planed on sending them back for credit. If you are interested in them you can have them for what I paid + shipping to you from me. I have Passenger side front floor pan, Pass side trunk extension, and Pass side rear quarter patch panel (behind rear tire). PM me if you are interested. They would fit a driver, but not good enough for the restoration I have planned on the 6 Pack car.

Quote from: WM23N1 on January 04, 2006, 08:41:30 PM

I'd like to talk about it.....you have PM :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 04, 2006, 08:55:54 PM
i'll sell you a solid roller shell 72 charger for $1000, if you want to come pick it up. only rust was in firewall outer area. quarters are good, floors and trunk floor. i can get pics if you like
trav

I'd like to talk about it.....you have PM :icon_smile_big:

andy74

where did you get the no good repros from? that way we all know who to shy away from. i have to put in a driverside front floor pan someday,mine had some pin holes,which i welded up,but i know wont last forever

WM23N1

I wasnt really looking to sell, i was just wondering of someone would actually pay that for it.