News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Photos of the blackwall on Cooper Cobra GT Updated with tires/wheels on car

Started by dustininwy, March 16, 2011, 11:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustininwy

I'm  looking for photos of the Blackwall on the Mickey Thompson Sportsman ST and the Cooper Cobra Radial GT.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have New wheels on their way, American Racing Hopsters, and I was planning on putting BF Goodrich radial TA in 235/60 r15 and 275/60 r15 on it but the I cannot find the 235/60 anywhere. I'm not sure if BF Goodrich plans on making it anymore or not. So now it is between the M/T or the Coopers and I plan on putting the blackwall out.

Here is a current picture of my 69 Dodge Charger R/T.

471_Magnum

235-60-15 BFG's have been b/o'd for about a year now.

I ended up going with the Mickey Thompsons on my Roadrunner. I initially mounted them blackwall out. The side wall is not terribly appealing. BFGs are definitely nicer. I trimmed off all the nipples which helped, but ultimately flipped them around to white letters out. I think I would have done this even if I had BFG's though.

I need to pull the front wheel the check for a loose caliper bolt. I'll take a photo of the inner sidewall when I've got it off. Maybe tonight.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

dustininwy

471_Magnum
How old are your M/T?

The info for the sportsman st says:  Raised White Letters/Stylized Blackwall

ChargerST

BF Goodrich Radial T/As are being produced again! Just talked to a dealer and he said that they currently produced and they will be available in about 6-8 weeks. I asked about 235/60 R15

twodko

I was hoping for BFG's too but ended up with Firestone Indy500's - 235 60/15 & 275 60/15.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dustininwy

Just 6T9 CHGR  Thanks for nice close up of the blackwall on the M/T.

So it appears on the mickey thompsons that the blackwall and the RWL sides are identical with the exception of the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S T lettering being black on one side and white on the other. Does that sound about right?

471_Magnum  mention trimming off all the little nipples on the blackwall side and it looked like there were a few on  Just 6T9 CHGR  pictures, so is the RWL side alot cleaner in that regard?

dustininwy

Any chance I could get a close up shot of the RWL side for comparison?

471_Magnum

There are a lot less of those little nipples on the RWL side.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

dustininwy

Thanks 471_Magnum 

I'll get a look at the actual Coopers since my local discount tire will have some on friday. Then I will make a decision on which tires I want to go with.

dustininwy

I've made a decision. Discount tire had the Coopers in, I like the blackwalls so I bought them. Even got them for the price summit racing quoted me which was alot cheaper than what they wanted.

When I got home the wheels were on the porch so back to discount tire to get them mounted.

I put the rears on today, the front will go on on sunday and I will post more pictures then.

Here is what the rear ones look like.
American Hopster 15 x 8 with 4" backspacing. Cooper Cobra Radial GT P275/60R15

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dustininwy

Alright, so here they are. Pictures with the new wheels.
Front: American Racing Hopster 15x7 3.75" backspacing with 235/60R15 Cooper Cobra GT
Back: American Racing Hopster 15x8  4" backspacing with 275/60R15 Cooper Cobra GT
There are no rubbing issues.

grdprx

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T