News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger - Long Awaited Update...

Started by 72Charger-SE, March 12, 2011, 09:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 25, 2015, 12:55:16 PM
It's not your right to tell him what to do. You are constantly telling people you hate the color , etc of their cars......

Seriously......I don't care either way but get off you high horse.

Anyone on this site can say their opinion which is all the original statement was.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger-Bodie

Stating an opinion and basically telling someone to change the color of their car are to very different things.

And he does it all the time. If it were the fist negative thing it would be a whole different deal.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ACUDANUT

Yea right. You attacked me, even after I said it was a nice color (after) I retracted my earlier thought.  
Man you must have a 20 foot High Horse to sit on and throw stones at people.
I do this all the time ?...Okay MR. NEGATIVE HATER.  May God Bless You.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 19, 2015, 08:42:36 PM
Quote from: 72Charger-SE on January 18, 2015, 05:46:42 PM
Paint color...   Sunburst Orange Pearl... sample of paint...

Please choose a different color. :Twocents:

That is not a statement of opinion.

And since when is calling someone negitive out,to attempt to get them to stop injecting his negitivity, a high horse offense?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 23, 2015, 02:21:06 PM
Yea right. You attacked me, even after I said it was a nice color (after) I retracted my earlier thought.  

Maybe We should call you out.

Where is Troy to be the Judge here.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 23, 2015, 02:41:46 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 23, 2015, 02:21:06 PM

Maybe We should call you out.

Where is Troy to be the Judge here.

fine by me.

ACUDANUT

Charger-Bodie

JB400

And here I was expecting an update, not some lame squabble.  :brickwall:

72Charger-SE

Gentlemen,  Everyone back to their corners... 

I am grateful for the demonstrated passion you both exhibit and the opinions you have shared.  ACUDANUT - Although I do agree it is not nice to tell someone they should not paint a car a certain color it is your opinion and one that you are entitled to.  It is my choice to receive or just pass over an opinion.

Brian, you have my full support and utmost respect for your professional skills as well as your personal character.  I am humbled to call you my friend. 

Guys, it would appear this discussion will not come to an agreement or resolution so I ask... can we please get back to the topic of the build and just agree to disagree

I, for one, will consider my comments (positive or negative) before posting them as the interpretation and context of what is typed cannot be clearly understood by the OP.  I ask everyone to do the same...    Dad always said... You can't control how a person interprets what you say so always be polite and consider your words carefully.

Thanks for your time & GOD Bless,
Chad

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on January 19, 2015, 08:52:58 PM

Nope...  purchased paint already...  I will accent the car with blacking out the scoop as well as a wide style line along the sides...   'trust me'...  It will look good..   :2thumbs:

I think that color will look great on this car especially with the black line and scoop.  Is the wide style line the Bee or RT stripe?

'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Beav

72Charger-SE

You are a wise man.  :icon_smile_wink:

Looking forward to your progression with your project.  :2thumbs:

Beav
Never confuse kindness for weakness...

RallyeMike

:iagree:

Yeah. A month at the body shop. Stop the torture....where's our update!?    :lol:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

72Charger-SE

The shop has been working on the proper shaping of the hood scoop, filling low spots and the prepping the new decklid...   I wasn't as close to paint as I thought I was.  I am heading to the shop in two weeks to see the progress.  I will post photos at that time. 

ACUDANUT

How many times must I say, I retracted my first post and actually like your choice of paint/color.  :cheers:

72Charger-SE

I received the new Holley Street Dominator intake manifold.  I will drop it off at the engine builder early next week.   Can't wait to see the Thermo Quad mounted on this baby!    :2thumbs:

72Charger-SE

Thermoquad rebuilt (thanks to my good friend Paul) and ready to install on new Holley Street Dominator intake...   Completed Motor will be back from builder on March 21st.   :2thumbs:

JB400

If it works as good as it looks, you shouldn't have any problems with it. :2thumbs:

72Charger-SE

Interesting to note...   I started the restoration project on March 12, 2011.   So...  Happy 4 Year Anniversary to Me!     :2thumbs:

Looking back...  My 5 year plan... 'might' be doable. 

72Charger-SE

After watching several Youtube videos I decided to tackle painting my wheels.   I bought some 'blasted' aluminum wheels several months ago with the intention of painting them myself.  One wheel done... three to go...  Three coats of filler primer and sanding...   three coats of paint...  three coats of clear coat.

Here are Before and After Photos
:2thumbs:

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

72Charger-SE

Quote from: chargd72 on March 16, 2015, 08:03:39 AM
Like the color  :2thumbs:  Gun metal gray?

chargd72 - This is called Graphite from O'Reillys.  The next step is to 'black out' the other side of the wheel to create a nice visual effect.  I also plan to do a small accent color (sunburst orange) (maybe just the thing outer ring or center cap) but can't really visualize it till I get the car back and put the wheels on it.  I will get all of them the same 'graphite' color for now.  I am still several weeks out from seeing the car in my garage again.

72Charger-SE

Brought the wheel outside this morning and took a quick picture..  Cloudy day here today so not a lot of 'shine'.

RallyeMike

Nice low-buck improvement! I don't recognize what those are off of.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

72Charger-SE

Thanks RallyeMike.  I am unsure what they are off of as well.  I did the second wheel tonight and spent more time prepping/sanding and trying to make the finish even across all areas.  It still is not perfect but I guess that is what you get with an aluminum wheel.   I am pleased with the results to this point.  Additionally I primed and painted the back side with a satin black.  I will have photos of that tomorrow.  :2thumbs: