News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6.1 Conversion Diablo Flash

Started by northstar87, March 07, 2011, 07:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northstar87

Just finished my 6.1 conversion.  Looking for options for my PCM.  I am running a 07 6.1 with a 05 45rfe 5 speed auto transmission and 5.7 computer out of the Ram. I have a Diablo but have not started messing with that until I know all of my options.  I have the Diablo for the Ram.  Do I need to send the PCM in or do I need to have a flash emailed to me or is my only option to be dyno tuned?  Thanks

Chris

thedodgeboys

I would plug it in and have a look see as to what the turner says and how it reacts to the swap. (you have to download your current tune most likely and send it in)

On my 09 srt I used the can tune for a few months before I sent the stock tune off to have a costume tune made.

I am sure that putting it on a chassis dyno will leave you with the best tune but these guys are good at getting them working.

what I don't know is how the 5.7 pcm works with a 6.1 I would think there is a lot left on the table. I put my 7o 6.1 conversion on a chassis dyno and shes putting 420 HP down at the wheel after tuning her up.

northstar87

The 5.7 runs it fine but I needed to run the 5.7 Dodge Ram computer to run the 45rfe Transmission.  The 6.1 has the NAG 1 which is run with a separate controller. 

Chris

autodynamics

First who's computer program are you running? I dyno my 6.1 in my charger with both the 6.1 and the 5.7 flash. Both ran fine however the tables on the 6.1 were jacked up to run as much timing as possible and fuel not to hurt the motor. B&g flashed my 6.1. For me. My truck pcm loaded with the 5.7 after dyno o tuned ran better and had better drivability than the 6.1 plus it made more power. The Diablo sport is good if you load the. Correct file for your car. Once you connect the Diablo to itits married. Btw I don't think the Diablo will read your 6.1 flash.