News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AM Radio question

Started by BananaDan, March 05, 2011, 03:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

I have a lead on a few knob AM-Radio's.  One is from a 1970 Dart, and the others are from 73-74 Dusters.  In pictures they look identical to the one I'm looking for for my 1970, the 2-watt AM Radio with knobs.  Does anyone know if they will work for me?  Or are they different?

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bull

It should have the same internals and wiring but there are some differences in 1970. There was a compact thumbwheel radio that wouldn't work in a Charger and the ones that are the right size might say something on the face that you wouldn't want like Plymouth Solid State or maybe Chrysler Solid State, etc. You'll just have to match it up to a pic of what you want.

BananaDan

Thanks, I found my radio, a legit 70 b-body AM radio on ebay.

Dan

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bull

:2thumbs: I don't know what your goals are but if it's worn and ugly and you want it to look nice, Ward's is the place to send it. Spend a little extra and they'll put an mp3 jack in it for you.
http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/

BananaDan

It looks nice, I got lucky.