News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Challenger Forum

Started by JMF, March 04, 2011, 02:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Anyone know of a classic Challenger forum that's similar(as good as) this forum? I've been to look at a 71 and want some opinions on it

Also a bit of a strange question but do you know how many inches will be gained by removing the rear and/or front bumper on a 71 Chally? It's just that i've measured my garage and it is about 2 inches too small for the length of the Challenger, I am from London, England and our garages are tiny, also is it fairly easy to remove the bumpers? Here is the car below, I welcome any opinions as am not familiar with what's correct and what's not on a Challenger, i've only ever had Mustangs and a Charger, the car is originally a 318 car but now running a 440, original colour is GY9 - Dark Gold Metallic, I did all the usual checks, boot floor and underside was all solid, bodywork and paint was all good, interior seemed ok

I've corrected him on where he says it's a Hemi in the advert, he wrote that by mistake

thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dodge-Challenger-/160520132367?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item255fbed70f#ht_1126wt_1149

Brock Samson

:P lots of e-bod experts here,.. but i can tell ya right off the bat, there's alot of stuff there that's black and shouldn't be,.. my thought is it was spray bombed, but if the price is right who cares?..  :shruggy:

Piston_Freddy

Max rim size:15"

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 04, 2011, 03:24:54 PM
www.cuda-challenger.com  :cheers:

:yesnod:

IIRC it used to be a sort of a "sister" site of the old d-c.com site. Lots of members here are members there and vice versa.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TheAutoArchaeologist

Welcome to the site.  I thought I would help ya out and notate a few things that aren't correct.

The tail lights and surrounds are not suppose to be all black in 71, the surrounds are suppose to be body color.  Also "inside" where the lenses are is suppose to be silver.

Interior door panels are missing the inserts, the console plate has been painted black.  Dash is from a 70 Challenger (has a recessed area below gauges, 70 only)

Engine bay mostly everything is incorrect, Challengers had body color engine bays, From what I can see it looks like a later model 440.  Radiator is suppose to be black, and is orange. 

The coating in the wheel wells is black, it isn't suppose to be if original. 

Wrong rims, hood stripe is a 70, side stripe is just a random aftermarket one.  Dash has been recovered, not necessarily a bad thing.  Under the hood is missing the pad.

That is what I can see.  Not 100% sure on everything.  But there is alot wrong with it.

JMF

Thanks for the replies, what did you mean by "Under hood is missing the pad" ?

Thanks

Brock Samson

silencer pad sticks to the bottom of the hood to muffle noise and insulate... like I said, too mush black stuff...

71ChallengeHer

The bumpers are not easy to get on and off. Because of lining them up. Looks like it has a fresh coat of black in the wheel wells.  :scratchchin:  It doesn't look like the heat or ac is hooked up. The wiper motor is painted, plus it's the wrong year . Kinda looks like the black on the gauge cluster was painted.  :shruggy: The ballast resistor is in the wrong place. The air cleaner and the lid should be the same color. Washer bottle is missing.

resq302

wrong exhaust tips
incorrect battery hold down.  Supposed to be straight across.
radiator is supposed to be painted black
spark coil mount is painted black.  supposed to be zinc plated
looks like a chrome alternator with chrome pulley.  supposed to be bare cast alluminum and black pulley
wrong center caps on rims
hood hinges painted black.  supposed to be body color.  same with rest of engine compartment
incorrect voltage regulator.  original ones were black
someone added electronic ignition
wrong ballast resistor.  Supposed to be a thin ceramic one, not a large block.
plus what other people said. 
looks like dash has a plastic cap on it.  probably cracked underneath it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

JMF

Thanks for all the replies guys, i've never really been too bothered about "Correctness" so none of that is a problem for me really, as long as the car is not rusty and the running gear is all ok that's the main thing for me, but I certainly appreciate your help and opinions

Aero426

That car appears to be a HLPAG special, or their U.K. branch!   The liberal use of rattle can black and undercoat throughout screams "fright pig".    I would run away as quickly as possible.    

At over $48,000 USD, it would seem to be highly overpriced.  Remember that marginal condition aside, it is a 318 car in the wrong color uprated with a 440 that was probably a rattle can rebuild.    What is it worth in the states, maybe $15k?