News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Do You Carry and Conceal

Started by chargerboy69, March 02, 2011, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

i don't parade around with all sorts of police t-shirts and all advertising im a cop by far!!! actually with all my ink, my mother in law says (all in good fun!!) i look like a "biker thug" lmao certainly not a cop!!!  id rather have it & NOT need it than NEED it and not have it!!!! cause that would suck!!! yes it's a shame we live in a society where it seems the criminals have more rights than the victims, and we need to protect ourselves with weapons!!!!
be safe everyone!!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

ac_knight

I never parade around telling everyone that I am a police officer "cop".  I also dont open carry either.  I have always thought it best, as hitman said, to have it and not need it then not to have it and need it.  I dont need anyone to know I am police, until it is absolutely necessary.  I dont want anyone to know I have a gun, until I pull it. 

I dont mind citizens that are armed, as long as they are responsible.  As for expecting to the police do it all, then sorry we can't do that.  It takes citizens helping themselves, as well as police being there.  By the way not every "cop" likes to give out "money tickets."  When we enforce traffic laws, everyone seems to hate us.  I guess people dont like being told they are wrong, even if it is just speeding and all.  Traffic enforcement is the number one thing any police officer can do to directly save lives.

Ok I am off the soap box, and back on the topic.  I really like the small 1911, a buddy let me carry his, loved it.  Dont love the high price tag though.  I personally wont carry anything smaller then a .40 cal.  I dont like the bulk of a Glock when carrying off duty, but on duty they are hard to beat.

chargd72

I have a pretty extensive collection of these bad boys.  Never know when you might need one.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

stripedelete

Quote from: chargd72 on March 07, 2011, 04:26:50 PM
I have a pretty extensive collection of these bad boys.  Never know when you might need one.

They'll come in pretty handy if you ever run into a drug crazed olive.  ;)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 06, 2011, 07:26:24 PM
I keep a think rubber band around my wrist so it never far from reach & always ready.  I also carry a handful of paper clips broken in half, & always the jumbo size clips. I always took the time to file the end down where you break it because it lessened the chances of the rough end scraping your finger when you fire the clip. If anyone has ever squeezed a lemon into a drink when you have an open cut, then you definitely don't want that burning sting going on.

The small paper clips have a higher velocity & are more accurate if the wind is calm, but it's been my experience that the jumbo paper clips can leave a nice welt upon impact. The person who gets shot & gets a good welt will never forget that impression when he stares down an outstretched rubber band with a jumbo clip ready to launch.  :Twocents:

I thought this was pretty funny Bob :thumbs:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

:cheers: i have to concur and my lawyer says i can do that...  :angel:

RallyeMike

QuoteHard to imagine just what sort of society you all are living in when you need to carry guns on a daily basis.
Yeah we get a few lowlifes down here in Oz too but gees I gotta tell ya, I'm so glad we aren't living in the wild west like it seems you are.

People living in some urban areas of this country could easily justify that a gun = safety, but there are far more people who carry that are threatened by nobody but angry soccer moms. We just like guns.

... and being prepared.

:2guns:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

NHCharger

Quote from: Shakey on March 07, 2011, 12:36:56 PM

Can I make a suggestion - next time, spend a few extra bucks and stay in a nice hotel in a nice part of town!   :yesnod:

:lol: :lol: Yeah, when I asked how much for the night and he replied $19.95 +tax I should have ran. :lol: :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Old Moparz

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 07, 2011, 04:59:25 PM
I keep a think rubber band around my wrist so it never far from reach & always ready.  I also carry a handful of paper clips broken in half, & always the jumbo size clips. I always took the time to file the end down where you break it because it lessened the chances of the rough end scraping your finger when you fire the clip. If anyone has ever squeezed a lemon into a drink when you have an open cut, then you definitely don't want that burning sting going on.

The small paper clips have a higher velocity & are more accurate if the wind is calm, but it's been my experience that the jumbo paper clips can leave a nice welt upon impact. The person who gets shot & gets a good welt will never forget that impression when he stares down an outstretched rubber band with a jumbo clip ready to launch.  :Twocents:

I thought this was pretty funny Bob :thumbs:

It's funny until someone loses an eye.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Chargen69

just mailed in my CWP application a few weeks ago, already got a ruger 380.  got that one because I thought I'd be at the range a lot and didnt really want to target shoot a small 40 very long.

had I to do it again, I'd probably do both!  target with the 380 most of the time, carry the 40

TK73

Quote from: doctor4766 on March 07, 2011, 05:58:37 AM
Hard to imagine just what sort of society you all are living in when you need to carry guns on a daily basis.
Yeah we get a few lowlifes down here in Oz too but gees I gotta tell ya, I'm so glad we aren't living in the wild west like it seems you are.

There is one gun for every man, woman and child in this country... hard to get the infants to lift a 12 gauge though.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

HITMAN 149

next (in a couple months) im gonna grab a nice bright nickel .45 (HITMAN) :icon_smile_big:, and a walther pps or p99 for my wife to replace the one she had to leave in north carolina....
:2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bull

Quote from: Shakey on March 07, 2011, 07:27:48 AM
Quote from: doctor4766 on March 07, 2011, 05:58:37 AM
Hard to imagine just what sort of society you all are living in when you need to carry guns on a daily basis.

That was kinda the point of my question earlier in the thread - "how many have actually had to pull out your gun".

I really don't think there is a "need" to carry a gun, most just feel better that they do.

Me personally, I don't need to carry a gun and if the area where I was living in warranted it, I'd move away.

Well, until you're actually faced with a threat that's the typical attitude. I pretty much have the same attitude but a friend of mine who was mugged once at knife point has a much different attitude and he now carries a gun everywhere he goes where the law allows. He has always lived in decent neighborhoods but his work has taken him to places than aren't. Facing death will definitely change your life.

Shakey

QuoteFacing death will definitely change your life.

So would shooting someone and ending up in front of a judge that sympathized with the person you shot.   :eek2:

Over the years, during my business travel I've found myself in situations that have been somewhat nerve racking.  Just a few weeks ago I made a wrong turn while walking through Sao Paulo and I found myself about two blocks on the wrong side of the tracks.  Having a guy speak at me in Portuguese while raising his voice and showing a wicked grin had my heart thumping.  Since I couldn't understand what he was saying I simply walked away.  For all I know, he may have been trying to help me as I think he was saying what I already knew - I was in the wrong neighbourhood and was overdressed!

There are many times I thought that it would be a good idea to have a gun with me however they are just not as accessable here in Canada.

Brock Samson

Welp,.. i was born, raised and still live in "The Hood" and I haven't ever felt the need to carry or conceal.     
Personally I feel there are simply too many guns on the streets as it is... we got kids shooting kids in every city and town in America but, it is after all, the biggest business in America if not the world, arms production.. so it kind of follows i guess.

Chargen69

I live in a very "nice" little town, but after being mistaken for a buyer at a gas station, I took the class and mailed off the app.  I completely understand the consequences pulling a gun out on somebody, that's why it aint coming out unless absolutely needed.  however, cross the threshold of my door at home, and that's a different story.  oh, I live in south carolina, they are happy for you to take care of business at your home.    :stirthepot:

A34

The Police do a great job in general. But, remember, when seconds count, they are only minutes away.

I like my Glock 27, .40 cal. Looking at some small 1911's, I like them better being an old Army guy. I loved mine in the service. I can't really recommend a good holster. I'm not very happy with the ones I have .

I also have a fire extinguisher in my home and car. Not that I'm expecting a fire, but if it happens I'm prepared.
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

greenpigs

What do you guess think of the Taurus Judge for a C&C? For those that may not know it is a 5 shot revolver chambered for a .410 shotgun & .45 center fire. Semi-auto seems to be popular for most but this gun has me wondering if it may be a a good choice as well. :shruggy:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

A34

Quote from: greenpigs on March 12, 2011, 12:16:46 AM
What do you guess think of the Taurus Judge for a C&C? For those that may not know it is a 5 shot revolver chambered for a .410 shotgun & .45 center fire. Semi-auto seems to be popular for most but this gun has me wondering if it may be a a good choice as well. :shruggy:

I Like them. I've been looking at one.
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

ACUDANUT

Guns kill people. They should be outlawed.  :D

HITMAN 149

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 12, 2011, 09:45:06 AM

guns don't kill people.... DOUCHEBAG PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!! lol
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

TK73

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 12, 2011, 09:45:06 AM

Outlaw guns or people?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Lowprofile

How about if we just outlaw DOUCHEBAGS!  :D

I have a Para-Ordnance P-13 45 for when I open carry, and my late Uncle's S&W 38 snub nose as a concealed carry weapon.

Guns are like insurance, you hope you never have to use it, but your glad its there when you need it.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

ck1

LOL, I almost peed myself! :rofl:
CJK

ck1

I carry a Colt Anaconda when I'm in the woods for the cougars that have misstaken me for a meal once and on occasions when there is money involved in our business a HK USP .40 S&W.  If I were looking for another gun to carry I think the SIG SAUER P220 .45 ACP is the best on the market, no safety like a revolver so your not fumbling with it when drawn like a combat pistil and has a hammer and de-cocking mechanism, last time I checked for a large framed auto its the lightest and flatest .45 auto on the market, and many other variations to chose from.  High end government agency's use and perfur this weapon. please if you've never been around guns all your life, in a safe manner, take a gun safety course at least!
CJK