News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First night away from home..

Started by grdprx, February 26, 2011, 11:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

I took my Charger for her longest drive so far.  Went to the exhaust shop to tame the 440 down a bit, put some Dynomax Ultraflo's on it!   :coolgleamA:  I had hoped to get it done today, but their schedule was booked, and so we decided if I brought it down before they closed, they'd park it in the garage, get on it first thing Monday.  She's spending her first night away from home!  My driveway feels empty.  I almost drove by to check on her, but I know my wife would KILL ME!   :rofl:

Got a couple pictures of the journey, my wife said my brake lights weren't working.  So I had to use hand signals...   She had to take a pic of that!   :nana:   It's weird, because I had replaced the turn signal switch, and I thought all that stuff was working when I tested it.

grdprx

Sorry for the fuzzy pics, our Digi camera is on the fritz..  :flame:  Here's the last pic, tucked away for the next 2 nights!

A383Wing

"Horn also broke....watch for finger!!"  :D

68X426

It would not be a bad-ass Mopar if the signals worked!  :lol:  Here's 2 more hand signals for you: :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

terrible one

Lookin' good and congrats on getting closer to having it road ready!  :cheers:

grdprx

Quote from: 68X426 on February 27, 2011, 12:04:10 AM
It would not be a bad-ass Mopar if the signals worked!  :lol:  Here's 2 more hand signals for you: :2thumbs:

Good point!  Thanks.   :icon_smile_cool:

Quote from: terrible one on February 27, 2011, 12:10:27 AM
Lookin' good and congrats on getting closer to having it road ready!  :cheers:

Thanks!  Hope to be doing burnouts like the one you posted soon!

So, I'm admiring these pics... Looks like the Right side is higher.  Suppose I'm off the the Suspension section, what causes that?

A383Wing

too much weight on the left side??  :popcrn:

grdprx

Quote from: A383Wing on February 27, 2011, 12:48:44 AM
too much weight on the left side??  :popcrn:

Well, I'm 210 soaking wet...  Only have the drivers seat it, mufflers were on the passenger floor..   But I just realised that the drivers front tire was low on air.  It doesn't like to hold air for long.  That's probably the issue...

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Finn

I remember when I took my 68 into the diff shop at the end of my neighborhood. I was so paranoid of something happening haha. I must have driven by that place at least twice a day.
Yours is coming along great!!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

greenpigs

What was hanging down in the first two pictures? Is that your makeshift exhaust sytem?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Roger 68 charger

Lookinh Good!!    :cheers:    Keep a eye on her --Hate to see the exhaust guy out doing burn outs. :flame:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

472 R/T SE

I'm pretty sure 99% of the population has no idea you're signaling for a right turn & think you're waving @ someone.  :wave:

It looks like y'all still have white stuff laying around.  The entire block across the street are on the north side of a row of some giant Doug Firs so their yards, roofs are all still white.  Our 1st snowfall of the year that stuck.

Your car looks a lot like Jesse Rose's.  One of my favorite aftermarket wheels, luuking good.  :2thumbs:

grdprx

Quote from: greenpigs on February 27, 2011, 09:13:07 PM
What was hanging down in the first two pictures? Is that your makeshift exhaust sytem?

Thanks guys!  I'm pretty stoked it didn't break down!   :2thumbs:

Ya, that's makeshift exhaust.  I had 2' of pipe bent for the HP manifolds, for engine break in.

The exhaust guys have been instructed to push the car.  I haven't fine tuned the carb yet, so it takes a bit to get it running.  I got a buddy to look at that.  So, it should be good.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 28, 2011, 01:25:21 AM
I'm pretty sure 99% of the population has no idea you're signaling for a right turn & think you're waving @ someone.  :wave:

I bet your right about that!  I'm going to have to look at that before I get much more road time.

RECHRGD

I will leave my car overnight at a shop only as a last resort.  Several years ago my tranny went out and I had it towed to the most reputable shop in town.  I visited it everyday and asked to be called when it was ready to test drive.  The call did not come at the expected time so I called the shop only to be told that the mechanic had it out for a test drive.  I called back every 15 minutes and he was still gone.  After an hour I vented my anger at the gal on the phone and headed up to they're shop.  When I arrived the car was parked outside and the "test driver" had taken the rest of the day off!  77 miles had been put on the car for the "test drive".  I was not a happy camper.  :flame: :flame:   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Brock Samson

Wow - I'd be hot too,..
This thread about leaving the car under someone elses roof and TO's Poll about leaving you car outside/unattended remind me of the first years i had my Charger when i would have to go look all the time to make sure my baby was allright and/or just admire the coke bottle shape from afar...
But that first few times it's like sending your kid off on their first day at school, you straighten their collor, and hair... and keep looking over your shoulder till they finally are out of sight...  :shruggy:  :lol:

greenpigs

Quote from: RECHRGD on February 28, 2011, 01:14:07 PM
I will leave my car overnight at a shop only as a last resort.  Several years ago my tranny went out and I had it towed to the most reputable shop in town.  I visited it everyday and asked to be called when it was ready to test drive.  The call did not come at the expected time so I called the shop only to be told that the mechanic had it out for a test drive.  I called back every 15 minutes and he was still gone.  After an hour I vented my anger at the gal on the phone and headed up to they're shop.  When I arrived the car was parked outside and the "test driver" had taken the rest of the day off!  77 miles had been put on the car for the "test drive".  I was not a happy camper.  :flame: :flame:   Bob

One of many of our fears I think. I am not sticking up for the bumb, but that may be the only way he will ever get to drive a 69 Charger.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

67440chrg

Ha grdprx your car looks good you dident enjoy the loud ride over did ya. I havent ever left my car overnight anywhere yet but I dont think I would feel comfortable. With TO,s post hijacked I will coment that the most trouble I have is grandparents leting there grandchildren climb all over my car at cruises and shows. Keep up the good work and have a great day!

triple_green

Ian,

I can bring you over another wheel/tire to use, if you need it temporarily.

Mark
206-304-0675
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

grdprx

Quote from: triple_green on February 28, 2011, 11:12:29 PM
Ian,

I can bring you over another wheel/tire to use, if you need it temporarily.

Mark
206-304-0675

Hey Mark!  Thanks for the offer, I'm ok just airing it up before hand...  I have to get an alignment, so I'll have Schwab look at it.  I'll let you know when I get it aligned, could then bring it by.

grdprx

Quote from: RECHRGD on February 28, 2011, 01:14:07 PM

Wow, I feel for you Bob!  I'd be pissed.  Car any worse for the wear, besides the mileage from the joy ride?

RallyeMike

Good to see it going down the road. I bet you're pretty well stoked.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

grdprx

Is an awesome feeling!  The shop didn't get it finished today, but I stopped in to see the progress.  They had pipe run from the manifolds back, ready to put in the mufflers.  Looked good.  Had the pipe marked for the cross section to be put in.  I can't wait to get it tomorrow.

greenpigs

Do you think they would let you look underneath....not so much the install but to check the undercarriage out?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

472 R/T SE

Is a Gear Vendors possibly in the future?

My stuff is all tti & the crossover was slightly in the way of the GV.