News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steelers Bill Cower after they blow their playoff bid

Started by 73dodge, January 03, 2006, 11:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73dodge

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

smasherofall

smasherofall

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

twilt

How exactly would the Steelers losing be considered "blowing it" ??  ::) ::) They are a good (not great)  team that was fortunate to make the playoffs and is a under dog in a wild card game.   as a long time steeler fan, i think he has done a good (no great) job. Actually,  any coach who can get a team QB'd by Mike Tomczak or Kordell Stewart into the playoffs, might just be considered a genius.

THE COLONEL

Being from the Burgh, and watching the Steelers every week, I would not want to be the team playing them right now.   they might be a Wild Card, but I think the have the most momentum of all the teams going into the playoffs.

As said in Pittsburghese (as we call it):

HERE WE GO STILLERS, HERE WE GO....HERE WE GO STILLERS, HERE WE GO...HERE WE GO STILLERS, HERE WE GO...HERE WE GO STILLERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!![/color][/b]

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

twilt

THE COLONEL

I need to put a couple Steeler magnets on The Colonel.  That will match real well. ;)

bull

Quote from: twilt on January 03, 2006, 03:03:36 PM
How exactly would the Steelers losing be considered "blowing it" ??   ::) ::) They are a good (not great)   team that was fortunate to make the playoffs and is a under dog in a wild card game.     as a long time steeler fan, i think he has done a good (no great) job. Actually,   any coach who can get a team QB'd by Mike Tomczak or Kordell Stewart into the playoffs, might just be considered a genius.

The same way the Buffalo Bills losing the Superbowl four years in a row is considered "blowing it."

twilt

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 10:56:52 PM
How exactly would the Steelers losing be considered "blowing it" ??  ::) ::) They are a good (not great)  team that was fortunate to make the playoffs and is a under dog in a wild card game.   as a long time steeler fan, i think he has done a good (no great) job. Actually,  any coach who can get a team QB'd by Mike Tomczak or Kordell Stewart into the playoffs, might just be considered a genius.

The same way the Buffalo Bills losing the Superbowl four years in a row is considered "blowing it."

thats  a completely illogical comparison. The Bills had star studded teams led by a HOFer QB.

bull

Quote from: twilt on January 04, 2006, 12:42:00 AM
Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 10:56:52 PM
How exactly would the Steelers losing be considered "blowing it" ??   ::) ::) They are a good (not great)   team that was fortunate to make the playoffs and is a under dog in a wild card game.     as a long time steeler fan, i think he has done a good (no great) job. Actually,   any coach who can get a team QB'd by Mike Tomczak or Kordell Stewart into the playoffs, might just be considered a genius.

thats   a completely illogical comparison. The Bills had star studded teams led by a HOFer QB.

Completely illogical? So you're saying the Steelers are a bunch of fat, lazy, talentless losers who got where they got by accident? Sounds to me like you're making retroactive excuses for when they choke.

nh_mopar_fan

Someone refresh my memory. What is Cowher's record in the playoffs the past few years and in how many of those games were they at home and favored?

1970440RT

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 07:55:17 AM
Someone refresh my memory. What is Cowher's record in the playoffs the past few years and in how many of those games were they at home and favored?

Bingo!!  You hit the nail on the head.  They will be playing on the road as an underdog, just their style.  Not many superstar players, mostly average to above average guys playing smashmouth football.  No one expects them to go anywhere.  I love it.  I think they have a better chance this year than last year when they were 15-1.  I guess time will tell...

nh_mopar_fan

I predict that someone is the lockerroom stock up on hankies for Hines.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 04, 2006, 09:09:46 AM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 07:55:17 AM

Bingo!!  You hit the nail on the head.  They will be playing on the road as an underdog, just their style.  Not many superstar players, mostly average to above average guys playing smashmouth football.  No one expects them to go anywhere.  I love it.  I think they have a better chance this year than last year when they were 15-1.  I guess time will tell...

I think you've missed the point. They've lost games in the past few years where they have been at home and FAVORED. That's a choke. I don't care who they had on their roster. they fgot to the point where they were the favored team and were playing at home. Last year was a great example. They were favored and at home and the Pats came in and completely dominated them and exposed their rookie QB as well, a rookie QB.

73dodge

:stirthepot: :smilielol:

I love getting you steerler guys all fired up.......................

Beside what else am I going to do now that the Browns are out of the picture and won't be a super bowl contender for at least what 60 or 70 more years???????
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

THE COLONEL

Quote from: 73dodge on January 04, 2006, 10:50:43 AM

Beside what else am I going to do now that the Browns are out of the picture and won't be a super bowl contender for at least what 60 or 70 more years???????

The Who????? :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

The road is the Steelers home.  I'm actually glad they are not home.  They have trouble there in the playoffs.

1970440RT

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 09:39:01 AM

I think you've missed the point. They've lost games in the past few years where they have been at home and FAVORED. That's a choke. I don't care who they had on their roster. they fgot to the point where they were the favored team and were playing at home. Last year was a great example. They were favored and at home and the Pats came in and completely dominated them and exposed their rookie QB as well, a rookie QB.

I'm a huge Steeler fan and believe me, I got your point.  I'll also say that they were the most overrated team in the NFL the second half of last season.  They should not have gotten as far as they did the way they were playing last year but they got lucky and did.  They seem to be hitting a high point right now and if they can stay up, they'll go far.  Not unlike Baltimore when they won the Superbowl.  Look at last weeks game against Detroit at HOME.  The game was in doubt until the fourth qtr, when it should have been wrapped up at half time.  The Steeler's secondary is average at best and Detroit exploited that.

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 04, 2006, 11:19:15 AM

The Who????? :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

The road is the Steelers home. I'm actually glad they are not home. They have trouble there in the playoffs.

I spent the holidays in the DC / Baltimore area and had to watch the Steeler games at a sports bar, save for a couple Ravens and Skins fans, everyone wore black and gold.  I thought I was back home in the Burgh.  Awesome sight!

THE COLONEL

It's amazing how many Steeler fans are at the road games.  No matter where they go, you always seem to see thousands of Terrible Towels.

twilt

Quote from: 73dodge on January 04, 2006, 10:50:43 AM

yeah, yeah, yeah........................  out of all those so called chokes, the only one that REALLY burned me was the afc champ game against NE 3? years ago. statistically they outplayed the Pats,  but their special teams blew the game. I dont mind giving credit where its due  and YES i do think that B.  Bellicheck is a better coach than Cowher. last year, i didnt expect them to beat the Pats,  i couldnt have given a flip  less that they were favored and at home.  it didnt mean anything to me.  you don`t win super bowls with rookie QB`s

THE COLONEL

One down.....three to go.  Bring on the COLTS!!!!!

Ponch ®

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 08, 2006, 08:07:25 PM
One down.....three to go.  Bring on the COLTS!!!!!

its a shame about Palmer though. As soon as they showed the first replay of the hit, I could tell it'd be bad.

Still, even with Palmer playing, the Bengals' D couldnt have stopped the Steelers.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemihead

I'm from Da burgh and I say... LET"S GO PENS!!!!    :icon_smile_big:  :yesnod:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

nh_mopar_fan

After Palmer went down, the Bengals had their excuse to mail it in and did.

THE COLONEL

Quote from: hemihead on January 08, 2006, 10:42:16 PM
I'm from Da burgh and I say... LET"S GO PENS!!!!    :icon_smile_big:  :yesnod:

So am I, and I say the same thing too.